Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 25 T roadster gow job build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by olskool34, Sep 13, 2013.

1. olskool34

olskool34

Got the chassis in the garage tonight. First thing's first, get rid of the running board brackets. I am going to run rivets in all the holes where I removed a bracket. Not much of an update but hopefully soon the chassis will be ready for the body.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DylanHill1931 likes this.
  2. bgaro

bgaro

i was planning on running a half windshield til i saw yours. nice.

3. olskool34

olskool34

Passenger side rail is done. I had to make the rails 32 inches at the rear. The turtle deck is 32 1/2 inches wide. I had a eucre game tonight so I had limited time. Came out nice so other side is a repeat (it was braced accordingly). Tomorrow I will do the other side and then do the rivets and hopefully by the weekend we will have a mounted body.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    DylanHill1931, Dannerr and brEad like this.
  4. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

You are making great progress on this project! Makes me want to look for a T roadster body and get my own T project going.

5. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Looking good.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

6. Where you putting the gas tank?
    Great car and great work.

7. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Windshield looks great, Bro!!!

8. olskool34

olskool34

I think I am going to run an oval T tank and put it in the turtle deck up against the back of the body. I have been playing with adding a Stewart Warner vacuum tank to get the gas to the carb.

9. olskool34

olskool34

Got the other rail pinched in after work so time to plop this body on and make some body mounts. Hopefully I can get a buddy to stop by to help. I could use my rafters in the garage and hoist it up but I just don't trust them enough.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Outback, Dannerr and brEad like this.
  10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

11. Clean and simple, looks cool. JW

12. olskool34

olskool34

Today was a huge day for me, my brother stopped by to help put the body on. It fit almost better than I thought it would. I got in it and the steering and pedals are all in comfortable spots. Body mounts are going to be pretty simple but I won't get to them until tomorrow. I might put a T spring in the back or atleast loose half the Leaves in the A spring because this body doesn't way much and the rear is super stiff. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dannerr and brEad like this.
  13. Carter

Carter

Looks damn good, that's for sure.

It may need to drop an inch or so in the back.

Sent from my Z750C using H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. T__N__A

T__N__A

Looks good!

I would put in a T spring. I think it would get a little bouncy if you took to many springs out

Sent from my SGH-M919 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. Level the back a tad and it will be perfect. JW

16. Blind Elwood

Blind Elwood

Here's what I think.

Nice, Very Nice.

Elwood

17. olskool34

olskool34

I am going tomorrow to the same guys house that had the windshield parts to get a T rear spring. He told me 50 bucks so why not try it and see what it does. I like the front though. Will a T spring drop it too much?

Dannerr likes this.
  18. I think the body needs to be lower at the back. Look at a line from the front of the body to the turtle deck. I looks like it's humped up where they join together.

Attached Files:

19. drmrman

drmrman
    from new Jersey

Cant wait to see your brush paint updates. This whole build is bitchen and coming together rather quickly. Subscribed!

20. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

I actually prefer the rake. Put the T spring in the rear, flatten out the front crossmember, and it's perfect, IMHO!
    Not understating the work you have done, but this seems to have come together fairly quickly. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

21. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

It's coming along real nice...awesome job! :cool:

22. olskool34

olskool34

I can't flatten the front crossmember becuase the lower radiator hole takes up all that space. I could reverse the main leaf though?

23. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

24. jw johnston

jw johnston

Looks killer I like the rake. I think I'd reverse both main leaves, play with removing a few and call it a day.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Great thread! Really like your build project.

26. modelAsteve

modelAsteve

T front spring won't drop it any. Reverse the eyes will get you 1 1/2". You can also remove a couple of leaves. Make sure the shackles are at 45 degrees or more. You need that for a good ride.
    Look-n-good!

27. I think it looks great. I like the slight rake also.

28. olskool34

olskool34

Thanks for the compliments guys! Got the front and back mounts done. Still going to put one in the middle but I need to figure out the best spot for it first. Shimmed up the body and it fits well. I also got a set of 28 fluted lens headlights, some houdaille shocks for the front and my column drop I needed. Still looking for a T gas tank. Got the rear T spring too but I am going to finish up the body first. Still need to finish the firewall around the steering column and get a floor in it.

29. olskool34

olskool34

Today I had a little time so I mounted up the headlights. I had an old 29 headlight bar that has been hanging on the wall for ages so I figured I might as well use it on the T. Got the headlights today and the lenses are not the fluted 28 style like the guy told me, they are 29 headlights but they look right on it. Also added a step from an 1800's wagon to help aid in getting in the car and it actually works great.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. Every detail this car gets is so right and that step is a fantastic !!!! JW