Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Some of my work.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by josh highley, Oct 30, 2013.

1. josh highley

josh highley

Some of you have probably seen a bit of my work from a couple of my build threads. I figured I would start a thread to my post pics of everything I work on, instead of starting a new thread for each project. I plan to keep a steady stream of pics coming. Please take a look at feel free to ask questions.

I hope this is ok. If not please let me know moderators. I work on a little bit of everything, but I will only post pics of the on topic stuff here. I upload pics of almost everything I do on my Facebook page.

Here are a couple links to builds I have done on here

32 5W build - http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758109

33 Continental - Chop, Channel and some rust repair - http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780429

30 A Roadster - quarters and sheet metal repair - http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=769963

2. josh highley

josh highley

Here is a link to my old 1930 A Coupe -

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784415

I started from a bone stock original and built everything you see here. Although I built the frame, I could not have done it with out the help of Jack (doose32) and Drew (32coupedeville) Strunk of Dropped Axle Productions. Everything else I did in my garage.

3. josh highley

josh highley

Here is a floor pan piece I did for fellow Hamber barry2952 . It is for his 1930 Ruxton. He sent me a couple pics and dimensions. I knocked the piece out and sent it to him. The beads were rolled with my Baileigh Industrial Bead Roller. Great piece of equipment.

Old versus new

[​IMG]

New panel installed

[​IMG]

4. josh highley

josh highley

Door skin for 32 5W today.

sorry for the blurry pic
    [​IMG]

Done and metal finished

[​IMG]

5. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Lookin good brother ;)

6. josh highley

josh highley

Thank you Shane!

7. josh highley

josh highley

I am working on a 1929 A pick up right now. Rust repair, straighten cab out and will get a 3" chop.

[​IMG]

8. josh highley

josh highley

Removed the gas filler
    [​IMG]

Filled and metal finished

[​IMG]

9. josh highley

josh highley

Had some rot in the drivers side cowl panel. Cut out the bad

[​IMG]

Done

[​IMG]

10. josh highley

josh highley

Driver's side upper hinge had pulled away from the a-pillar. Door didn't fit worth a crap

[​IMG]

Fixed

[​IMG]

11. josh highley

josh highley

Nothing really special here, but I thought I would share this. I cleaned, sealed and painted the chassis.

1932 Hupmobile and was built by Dropped Axle Productions here in Cincinnati, OH. You will not find a better group of guys to build you a chassis for almost anything you are working on. Jack & Drew Strunk are member's here (doose32 & 32coupedeville) Check them out!

[​IMG]

12. 80WTI

80WTI

Great job, you do a quality job mate. Do you tig or oxy weld your panels? thanks for sharing some pics. Lee

13. josh highley

josh highley

Thank you!

I do all my sheet metal work with a MIG welder

14. chriscris

chriscris

Do you tack the repair panel several times, cooling in between? That cowl patch is straight as an arrow.

15. josh highley

josh highley

You got it. Several rounds of tacks, letting it cool in between each round. Thanks!

16. josh highley

josh highley

Here is a shot of the chop all finished and steel top in place. I didn't want to flood this page with pics, but you can look at my facebook page or photobucket for a lot more pictures of the chop.

[​IMG]