Register now to get rid of these ads!

STOLEN: '27 T roadster, Collinsville, IL area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkmonger, Oct 13, 2013.

1. junkmonger

junkmonger

Thanks to all those looking out for me. It is much appreciated!

2. 94hoghead

94hoghead

moving on......

3. Guess I will move on....

4. srs1

srs1

this is the strangest thread

5. brad chevy

brad chevy

The double threads,the name calling then playing the sick card to make people feel sorry for you I really could care less either. Keep your friends close but your enemies even closer. I really find it odd that the guy had the car so long before you checked on it. Hope you find your car.

6. McGurk

McGurk
    from Mid West

junkmonger,

Ongoing Investigation???? In your first version of the story you stated that the police told you it was a civil matter. Have you hired a private detective?

McGurk

7. I'm trying to figure out how you let a guy take your car to work on without anything but a phone number in this day and age of walking into the corner store and buying a prepaid cell phone for $20 that nobody can track.

8. With an attitude like he is showing on this forum, I would part his car and sell it off too!

9. junkmonger

junkmonger

brad chevy "playing the sick card to make people feel sorry for you"

I made one reference to my condition in an effort to explain why I needed help on this. I'm not interested in your pity or your morbid curiosity.

It's obvious that, no matter how much info I supply about the ongoing investigation, there will be trolls here trying to drag the thread down. If you want to help, fine, but please don't stand in the way when others want to help. That's all I ask. I don't think it's much.

Here are the facts: The car is gone, and the guy who claimed he was going to repair it has disappeared as well. That's all I can say. Please keep your eyes open for it. Thanks.

10. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Unless you engraved an identifying mark like your drivers license number on each and every part I don't see any chance of proving it's yours.

How you can expect someone else to come across one of your parts and know it belonged to you is beyond me.

Sent from an armchair under a bridge.

11. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

。。。。。。。。That is simple enough.

12. junkmonger

junkmonger

Thanks to those who want to help.

13. junkmonger

junkmonger

14. Old Dude

Old Dude

Isn't that called Theft By Conception ?? sounds like Law should of least made Investigation. You are a Tax Payer, and you pay them. You can go up to next step if you want. That is Excuse they use for not wanting to get Involved ! Get a Likeable Attorney to get Involved. Most Courts don't like to get bother, they want Murder Cases !

15. GREAZERZ

GREAZERZ
    from Frisco, TX

We'll keep an eye out in Texas!!! Good Luck Man!!!

16. junkmonger

junkmonger

Thanks to everyone here on the HAMB, my stolen car has been recovered intact! My family and I picked it up on Sunday and it's back in my garage. Thank you all for looking out for me. It really means a lot.

17. 26Troadster

26Troadster

congrats, i like to hear a good ending.

18. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Sounds like a real jackass to me . There is probably a lot more to the story .

19. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Glad to hear it.

20. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

I did not know he got the car back because I am not here
    I moved on along as he asked

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. Model T1

Model T1

I'm always concerned when a person's car is missing. Like others, I was very confused by many of the comments. This is the first i saw it.
    But it turned out well, with a happy ending. Might be nice to know how and why he got it back. But hopefully those responsible will pay in some way.
    Keep in mind HAMB member are here to help, but even us smart asses don't like being insulted!

22. Regardless of the circumstances I am happy to hear the car was recovered and is back in the owners possession. HRP

23. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I'm glad you got it back too. Not the clearest story in history, but you are made whole, so that is all that matters.

Don

24. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Really, spare us the details. Please.

25. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Congrats on getting her back...

26. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

It's obvious that, no matter how much info I supply about the ongoing investigation, there will be trolls here trying to drag the thread down. If you want to help, fine, but please don't stand in the way when others want to help. That's all I ask. I don't think it's much.

Here are the facts: The car is gone, and the guy who claimed he was going to repair it has disappeared as well. That's all I can say. Please keep your eyes open for it. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'M AMAZED:confused:
    i've seen HAMBr's help recover OT cars but insulting us REALLY makes us want to help? Congratulations on the recovery of your ride now dont let it out of your sight.