Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2013 Hot Rod Revolution: Cancelled!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Augustine

Augustine

The parties coming to the Continental Club Sat afternoon ? So glad, that's my neighborhood. I'll be in attendance and taking pics for sure.

2. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

im a total jinxer. i was actually going to go this time ....lol have fun boys!

3. Beachcomber

Beachcomber
    from Phoenix,AZ

yes!!!

4. Rusty

Rusty

Bummer! Finally had a car registered! We will be there next year. Would love to still get a shirt

5. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Hey Chris that's what I was thinking (both of us from Or and Wa). No disrespect, but us NW guys deal with inclimate weather ALL THE TIME. The indoor party sounds warm and friendly though :D

6. I miss seeing the stink-eye!
    Will we be able to BUY the merch anywhere? :)

7. Brandi

Brandi

I like this. A) I got a whole slew of vaca to use next year and B) November and I typically don't get along to well, this'd give me something to look forward to at the end of November.

8. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

You could always bring the Revolution back to NorCal for a year . . . just like old times. :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I think the weather man may be wrong about the rain part. It's happened before.

10. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

The storm hit us here in north Texas last night. Woke up to rain, sleet and lots of wind. Its miserable out right now.

11. A Boner

A Boner

I like this idea......post a pic!

12. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

Post your wintertime show schedule/coverage :rolleyes:

13. catdad49

catdad49

Sorry to hear about the Revolution. Hope all those that made plans understand the situation. I'm sure you guys are just as bummed out, but Mother Nature is a fickle one. A hot toddy may be a better alternative than lemonade. Later, Carp

14. shadams

shadams

Yea I am just down the street from Gruene, at least compared to most of you guys. And it is FU***** COLD right now...I just had to stop typing this to help a customer that just drove in from out west and his whole truck is covered in ice and mud. 35 on the temp gauge here. Sucks, I have wanted to go for the last couple years but something always came up. Gruene is cool as hell too, was the perfect spot, esp in the summer with the river right there...

BTW, part of the reason its a big deal is just last weekend it was almost 90, and yesterday was 80 easy...then its 35 and windy....

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It's the internet, so there's gonna be nay-sayers, right? :)

My answer to that is simple. The Revolution is put on by four guys with an absolute selfish motivation. We don't do it for dough - we lose it every year... especially this year... we do it cuz it's the one time a year that we can all put on an event together and have a really good time amongst a lot of really good people. Literally, we do it all for fun... Steve, Will, Keith, and myself...

And the very last thing any of us wanted to do was cancel this show. It hurt man... But, standing around in 40-degree weather, 25mph winds, and rain just didn't sound like fun to any of us. Plus, it didn't feel right taking registration money from people only to see them skip the event or stand around in misery with us. Nobody wins...

So, rather than do that we decided to eat the costs and cancel it... and since the weekend was open, why not throw a party or two (Speed Shop tonight and La Mancha tomorrow night) and have some fun regardless? As Texans, we might be shitty at bad weather car shows, but we know how to party dammit. And if there are any doubters to that, I'll see you on Saturday night - right?!

16. Villlage Idiot

Villlage Idiot

Sorry to hear about the lousy weather. Haven't you guys (the Southwest) had a drought that's lasted for years? The rain may be the only consolation.

17. oldthudman

oldthudman

No bluff I'm afraid........Just watched the forecast here in Houston......Going to be cold and rainy....AND SNOW is predicted for the Texas Panhandle and parts of West Texas.......Brrrrrr!
    :eek:

18. We're still gonna pass a good time......we went ahead and came to downtown Gruene.
    Not raining but damn it windy and cold.
    Sucks, but good call y'all.
    Now off to Mozies for cocktails and Tex-Mex tomorrow.

19. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Man I was gonna drive the 32 but slicks no heater and side glass. I am just turning into a big pus sorry maybe next time. I have never came to Austin and not got rained on next time its dry call me I will make it rain. Well out to the shop the heaters on and 2 roadsters to get ready for the round up !

20. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Hey thanks for the effort anyways! This really is the best damn car show around, hopefully I'll have my car in it again next year. After attending the 2010 show at the Power Plant, I knew this thing was for REAL.

21. Bummer about the weather. We unfortunately deal with that all the time in Cleveland.

Please post lots of pics of the party's! Rock on!

22. That utterly sucks for all of you that worked your balls off. Drink up, be well!

23. 1929rats

1929rats

ahhhh shucks.....just logged on to check out some pics.....wasnt aware of the weather in TX living here in MA, will have to wait 'till next year.....SH*T HAPPENS!

24. Still had a blast in Gruene, its a great place for the Revolution.
    Craving some Mozie's already.

25. Pictures or it didn't, oh wait...
    Damn it!!!

26. jcforgives

jcforgives

Sorry got cancelled thanks for lettin everyone know Like to get one of those t shirts

27. Tommy R

Tommy R

Hey Ryan, is there a Revolution scheduled for this year? I haven't seen anything posted anywhere.

Thanks!
    Tommy