Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ///Hokey Ass On Topic Friday Art Show 11_22_2013\\\

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This weeks show should have been titled as a dedication to Sonny. I'd hoped to meet him before our time on this marble was done. I bow my head for a moment of silence for Sonny. I'm sad for his loss and that of his family and friends and will find comfort in the fact that his suffering was short and is now at it's end. Sorry for your loss Jeff.
    Godspeed Sonny, thanks for making me laugh, your work left it's mark.

2. Dart165 that vette drawing is Sweet,R.I.P Sonny so much talent.Thankful to have our HAMB artist and the FAS...

3. NRodz-N-IT!

NRodz-N-IT!

R.I.P. Sonny DePalma.....One of the Greatest painters. Awesome work everyone

4. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

Oh Man! I was following his progress on Facebook and was sad to hear he had cancer. That was only a few months ago. My god... I'm so bummed. Such an amazingly talanted guy. Deserved a lot more credit. I'll miss knowing he's around. Damn...

5. vintage tin

vintage tin

Sad day.
    RIP Sonny.

Amazing artist.

6. Rosco5000

Rosco5000
    from Canada

Just few things I have done in the last couple of weeks. Not nearly as good as some but I thought I would share anyways
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1385142876.797657.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1385142895.426891.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1385142905.311080.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Boy, this is truly sad to read of Sonny's passing. He definitely was a GREAT artist.
    R.I.P., Mr. DePalma.....Godspeed on your journey.

8. WhateverWeber

WhateverWeber

Rest in Peace Sonny...I always admired your work.

9. Voh

Voh

And finally, this Stude coupe that had all kinds of funkiness goin on, including a continental type decklid and a late 40's roof sectioned onto it.
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Its a little crazy, but it TOTALLY works!!

10. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

[​IMG]

Just hearing the news like most of us. I never met Sonny DePalma but I always imagined him smiling. You can tell by his work that he had a young spirit. He was an excellent painter with self-taught skills that earned the respect of many greats. Everything he painted reflected everything he liked about the kustom culture and probably everything he liked when he first saw it as a kid. Which is what I think the role of any great artist is - to tap into that intangible but very real feeling we all shared when we first experienced that certain "THAT'S COOL" reaction for the first time. Death is painful for some, hopeful for others and sad for all. His family deserves our prayers because Sonny has already earned our respect.

11. Well said Bo......

12. It does not get any better than this painting!

13. I have a pair of these coveralls:cool:

Attached Files:

14. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

R.I.P. Sonny , Condolences to your family and friends . A great loss to our community .

15. chaddilac

chaddilac

Welding helmet I did for the Infamous "Ryno"!! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

So much talent.
    Is that fastback a model? Totally too tough.
    Thanks youse guys.

17. realkustom51

realkustom51

2 more customcory floor scraps. LAGA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. That fastback shoebox is cool. Too bad I don't have a Henry J anymore, I'd be taking some measurements...

19. belair

belair

I thought the same thing.

20. CrusadersNV

CrusadersNV

finished graphite model A tail light

[​IMG]

21. OK,
    Since Chris uploaded an old drawing (which he can do anytime he wants as far as I'm concerned) I will do the same. I cannot recall if I ever posted this in the first place, so here goes.

In the spirit of re-visiting concept cars, this would be a cool one... The Buick XP-300... First the original, then my drawing. Maybe next week I can formalize my sketch some more...

Attached Files:

22. By the way, everyone - All of you have done some great work this week!
    RIP Sonny

23. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

RIP Sonny

When I was painting a lot of show bikes years ago, I came across a couple bikes that Sonny had painted at the EasyRider show in Ohio. I had never seen such detail in a paint job, It blew me away and made me raise the bar on my own work. Sorry I never did get to meet him, but in my mind he will always be one of the great ones!

24. Very well said Bo. He was truly unique and talented. Our whole community will miss him.
    Later,
    Dick

25. Ok Jigger now ya know I'm waiting on pins n needles to see this one finished!!!
    [​IMG]

26. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Very sorry to hear about Sonny. He obviously will be missed.

So many great posts this week. I guess there are every week, though.

Mark (jigger) - I love that orange T-bucket. Awesome detail.
    Bob (57 Corvette Bob) - the week would not be complete without one of your hand colored masterpieces.
    palat - that 49 Ford fastback is fantastic! Now I am dying to see someone make one for real.
    desing165 - your Dictator concept definitely gets my super cool of the week award. I would LOVE to own that in real life.
    Ruben Duran - all I can say is "perfect"
    Bomonster - thanks for that recap of some of Sonny's work
    realkustom51 - those pencil drawn concepts are incredible. More imaginary customs to dream about.

Great effort everyone else too.

Thanks Bob and Rob (66Newport) for your great comments.

27. Its a little crazy, but it TOTALLY works!![/QUOTE]
    I agree, this would be an awesome ride. It looks so pre-war dark adventure/mystery .:cool:

28. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Very well said Jeff, Sonny was one of my idols he could do it all. :)

29. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Sorry I have been not posting for quite some time but as some of you know my son has had a very rough year and well he comes first. But I am glad to say he is on the road to recovery so I will start posting pics of what I have been up to for those who may like to see. Thanks J.Lockwood

[​IMG]
    This is my latest commissioned piece of grinder art. It is stainless steel framed with 3/8 solid square bar and stainless steel rods

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.