Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I read somewhere that the factory cut up Studebaker sedans as donors for the body shells. Whether that's true, or just automotive urban legend, i don't know. There are some 'glass ones out there…

Brian

QUOTE=Squablow;9362209]I so desperately want to build this car some day. What would be the ideal car to start with to try to build a Tucker out of?[/QUOTE]

2. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the Tucker factory, but a bullet nose Stude was used for the rollover scene in the movie:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/carphotosbyrichard/3277109434/" title="1951 Studebaker Movie car Tucker stunt double by carphoto, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  3. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

Nitrobrother, you hit it right on the head. That's pretty much exactly what I meant. Any way you can do that same thing to the first bel air?

4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Probably not a Yugo..:rolleyes::D

5. speedwise

speedwise

Wonderful job as usual. Thank you very much!!!

6. This is the last I'm going to do on this.
    [​IMG]

7. verde742

verde742

I really appreciate all you have done on this,,, I have made 3 copies, and will never forget yer hard work!!! I have no idea how you do it,,,, but I like your interpretation of what you did for me..

thank you again...

8. jabberwoki

jabberwoki
    from puyallup

Anybody?

9. I was there when they rolled the car
    there is a cannon in the right front corner or the roll cage
    the rear rims have a second rim welded to it to make the back wider
    and a fiberglass rear bumper copy of a tucker
    the right wheel is not the one that was on the car when it was rolled it had a silver chevy truck rim with a small whitewall I got from a new suburban
    Petaluma Speedway north of San Fransisco off hwy 101

I don't know about the Tucker factory, but a bullet nose Stude was used for the rollover scene in the movie:

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

10. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Squablow....how 'bout a shortened Tucker convertible concept?

[​IMG]

11. verde742

verde742

Call Rick Dore, he will contract it, if he finds a rich person...

It'd be famous, for a while.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  12. Awesome...nicely done.

13. Hey Leon Sandcastle, came across this while looking for something else:
    [​IMG]
    Looks like a '55 Ford grill.

[​IMG]

14. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

Hey man I definitely appreciate it. Sometimes a vision in your head just isn't enough and you need to actually see it layed out before you. That makes the 4 door (any '53 or '54 for that matter) look so much better. I was between this and converting it to a 2 door but I think now my mind is made up to leave it as a four door and just take care of that rear corner. Thanks again my friend

15. daddio211

daddio211

16. the Convtertible looks awesome, how 'bout adding a full fadeaway on the side?

17. I like the idea... if I find a four door I'll do the ute. The ford grill looks pretty good but I think the ute was a 55.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. Anyone out there want to help me with colors on my roadster? Light grey body, maroon wheels, and black number was what I was thinking. Many thanks in advanced guys!

[​IMG]

19. verde742

verde742

stock grille would sure look good,, Tony Nancy style (my.02 cents)

20. verde742

verde742

Wow !!! that's a Big toilet seat.. hangin' on the back. !!!

21. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, bobj49f2, are you going to sell the Rambler rims ? I would like a chance at them.

22. lincolnlog

lincolnlog
    from Arizona

Anyone willing to give the red car a mild lowering job, supremes and bellflowers?

[​IMG]

23. HotRodNisse

HotRodNisse

24. lincolnlog

lincolnlog
    from Arizona

25. stevethepreacher

stevethepreacher

I am thinking of painting my wheels white. Could someone photo-shop the wheels white with black walls and with wide white walls. Also a set of chrome smoothies? Anyone help me out?

Attached Files:

26. To paraphrase SouthUrn a bit: "Asking again in less than 24 hours isn't going to win you any favors. Exercise patience."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  27. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Anybody want to "paint" my T'Bird? Bright silver on top, following the front fender/door character line down to the torpedo spear, and a darker silver, but not dark charcoal, below the spear? I'm thinking the lighter color should also include the spear, and on back to the rear bumperettes. I'm debating bringing the darker color up the bumpers center onto the deck lid, between the trunk lids "humps" and thence up the tonneau cover between the seats. Hard to see with the top on maybe...

Attached Files:

28. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

Hey guys- So I downloaded GIMP yesterday and after a bunch of failed attempts I'm starting to get the hang of things. I managed to take this:

[​IMG]

And make this:

[​IMG]

I'm just wondering if anyone could make it all gloss black? That seems to be out of my abilities (so far- I'm workin on it!), I'd just like to see it all one shade to give me a better idea...

After giving photo editing a try I'm jealous at how most of you make it look so easy and flawless.. Boy you guys do some great work!

29. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Try to find a similar car on the 'net and drag the color off it. I'm not sure what GIMP has but there should be a tool where you can highlight something on one picture and drag it over to your subject picture. You can always "paint" any places that need filling. Looks like you're off to a pretty good start so keep at it.