Register now to get rid of these ads!

Aftermarket 32 Ford Hood Top

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hd1084, Nov 20, 2013.

1. I'm looking to put a hood top on my coupe and was checking to see if anyone has any experience with the HAGAN HOOD TOPS sold by Kenny's Rod & Kustom ??

Also the Dan Fink, Lift off hood latch kit for the 1-piece hood top.

Any pros or cons on these products ????

2. I've got a couple of street rod friends that have them,,,they are expensive and IMHO are not very good looking,,,why not use a Rootlib or a original? HRP

3. I was looking at Rootlib's web site but can't seem to find a price of there products.

4. Send for the catalog,,the have all kinds of hood variations.

I've used several of their hoods over the years and they a nice. HRP

5. I talked with Yogi's Hot Rod Parts and they want $305.00 + $200.00 shipping for a Rootlieb. No way I'm paying that much.

There has to be someone on here that has some experience with other aftermarket 1 piece metal hoods ??:confused:

6. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

7. BigAl1961

BigAl1961

I put a hagan 1 piece on my 32 roadster and was very pleased with the fit and finish of it. My painter couldn't believe how straight it was. Just took a minimum of trimming to fit my car perfectly. I bought it through Kennys on ebay. I would do it again in a minute!!!

8. I used Rootlib tops with original sides and they fit like a glove.

9. $200 bucks for shipping,,that's insane!:eek: HRP

10. remopar

remopar

Hi; I mounted a '32 Ford 3 piece hood ..Dan Fink prop kit..flips up either way..drilled tapped and cut alluminum supports. I haven,t mounted hood side panels as yet . I was very leery at first, but take your time, measure 10 times and cut only once. I am pleased with this style.. Dan Fink kit..Buy inner hood support kit as well..2 props,spring loaded bar...and most IMPORTANT instructions ..pretty straight forward. tap and die set, electric drill,center punch, felt tip marker, cut off saw or hacksaw and file. allen head sockets for button head bolts and 5/16 socket for mounting hardware.

11. I made my own one piece hood top from a piece of .080 aluminum. It took a little bit but I'm all in for about $75.00. I rolled it over a 4" dia. piece of PVC pipe, made the side supports from 1 inch square aluminum. Solid as a rock and easy to open. Made my trunk lid the same way but with a square steel tube frame for strength.

Attached Files:

12. Here's the trunk lid.

Attached Files:

13. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Will this work for you? One piece glass.

Attached Files: