Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Daddyo slow progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1bustedbuick, Sep 25, 2013.

1. 1bustedbuick

1bustedbuick

No cash for the original floors metal but I refuse to sit idle so here I go. I do have some steel stock so I decided to strengthen the truck body and build a frame to start my new floor. The center of the floor will be done last as I will be installing an auxiliary trans behind a manual four speed. The welded frame work that has been started on the passenger side has yet to be done on the drivers side and the three bars seen in the door opening will get sheet metal welled to it replacing the rotted metal that was there since 1942. The floor will be steel panels after cross supports are added to what you see. OK don't bash to much but let me have it :D

Attached Files:

2. 1bustedbuick

1bustedbuick

The daddyo now has an older F-600 frame to mount the original rear and front axles and make it a roller again. However I'm not so sure about the weight of the frame on the front axle. 34" wide and 24' long are the frame dimensions. Any feed back is good.