Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Chase, a 32 ford story....that still has more to be written!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by titus, Sep 20, 2013.

1. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

Thx for sharing your story, funny how it all works out sometimes. You build very cool cars & trucks to flip, the 32 sedan has a killer stance, it's cool. Happy your adventure worked so well. The pics of the semi-secret location look like I could get lost in there for days.

Posted from the international space station & powered by the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. You and Chris,
    Both of you get these amazing scores
    Congrats!

3. deuceman32

deuceman32

Loves me some 32's. Good on you, Jeff.

4. Great story!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. 51wagon

51wagon
    from northwoods

Titus,

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were kidding us with all of your once-in-a-lifetime scores. Keep at it. I enjoy reading about them.

P.S.
    Still looking for that back door. Are you?

6. titus

titus

Thanks everyone, i am very fortunate to be able to find the stuff like i do, a friend of mine was always told he had a horse shoe up his butt, when i was younger and didnt have as many responsabilities i use to hang out with him alot and i think some of his luck transfered over to me, plus i think when you work hard in life you have a chance to get some fun stuff, ive also have some very good freinds that have always made it possible for me to get stuff, like if im short the money they will borrow it to me and always know ill work hard to get them paid back off.

Today we started working on the chassis for Marcys roadster that she will be selling, we drug it in the garage and started doing some repairs to the K-member, (were looking for a driver side leg if anyone has a lead on one) the we fixed all the original rivit holes where the k-member attatches, also some one had added some different trans crossmember there so we had to remove all the old welding left overs. then we went up to the front crossmember, it was in over all good shape, the top was just busted out of it, so i made a new peice and welded it it, it turned out pretty good. then we installed the k-member with bolts for now, dunno what the plan is, maybe just leave it bolted in for the next owner to decide what to do. then i drug out a model A dropped axle and rounded up some other front end bits too. I dont have any 32 wishbone to use on the car so i decided to try something a buddy of mine had done once, we used the fronts off some 40 bones, the rear yoke off a late model A wishbones and then we will be using the main tubing section from a pair of 40 ford rear bones (no worries they are the same tubing gauge as fronts) so we flipped the front bone ends, and thats as far as we got so far, we will be setting the caster in the front axle then cutting the bone tubing to lenght, it will look alot like a 32 bone and be alot less expensive. The rear end is basically a stock 34 rear with a 36 torque tube cut to the length of a 32.

heres a few crappy pics, hope to have it rolling in a few days then i can roll it outside for some better pics.

JEFF

downsized_1118031203.jpg downsized_1118031206.jpg downsized_1118031706.jpg downsized_1118031740.jpg downsized_1118031811.jpg downsized_1117031711.jpg

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  7. titus

titus

I havent heard of any but i surely have been keeping my ear to the ground.

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Nice!!! What I took out of that last update is you have enough of the horse shoe up your ass to find Auburn gauge inserts, roadster bodies and such, but a '32 wishbone was a little to far out of reach?! :D:D:D:D Looking good bud!

9. titus

titus

No i just used them all up on my other 32s!:)

10. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

11. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

Great score Jeff..............good for you! Dale

12. autobilly

autobilly

13. Pinewood

Pinewood

I need to build some front bones like you're describing for my project. I should drop mine off. ;)

14. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:eek:You Sir,are totally disgusting.:D:D Good score.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

15. titus

titus

Got a little more done on one of the chassis' got my poor mans 32 bones all done, they worked out really nice, not spot on but pretty good. also got the rear end all bolted in the car too, should have it rolling in the next day or two.

JEFF
    downsized_1119031207.jpg downsized_1119031142.jpg downsized_1119031141.jpg

16. titus

titus

Was playing with the chassis today and i had an old hot rod sectioned 32 firewall laying around so i holed that on the frame, the i thought id see how the cowl would fit the firewall and one thing lead to another and i had a roadster body kinda mocked up on the frame, hope to have it on wheels tomorrow so i can roll it out and take some better pics.

also a pic of the other roadster panels and the pheaton.

jeff

1119031709Eee.jpg downsized_1119031522.jpg downsized_1114031618.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  17. alchemy

alchemy

That body with the semi-filled wheelwells is begging to be a channelled car. Looks nice.

Does Marcy want to sell the pheaton to an Iowa boy?

18. titus

titus

Yes it was begging to be channeled, and i am actually digging on the filled wheel wells, they are staying, this isnt gonna be the conventional 32 roadster un modified body build like most of nowadays.

So with that, heres a pic of it on wheels rolling with the body held tegether with some clamps and tubing, but its in the basica spot where itll be when done. it will also be flathead powered, going for post WWII, kinda like some of the early Khougaz roadster pics.

The pheaton is for sale but i think there are like 4 or 5 people in line, pm marcy if you want to talk to her about it.

downsized_1120030954a.jpg downsized_1120030955.jpg downsized_1120030958.jpg downsized_1120030959.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  19. titus

titus

here an early pic of the Khougaz roadster in its earliest days. this pic is in the rodders journal deuce book.

jeff

1120031059.jpg

sko_ford likes this.
  20. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

That sure looks like somewhere out West not in the Rust belt.

I would bet it is the Eastern Washington yard that had the Zephyr's and other early fords in it.

Glad a Hamber got it and not someone else.

21. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Crap, I was gonna head over there in the spring and scope that yard out...well, ya snooze ya lose in this hobby. Congrats! JohnnyA

22. There is still plenty there....I'll go with ya!

23. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Thanks for the offer but I'm literally only looking for deuce roadster parts. Lol There's only a handful of places where there's a rumor of 32 roadster parts and that was one of em. Pretty amazing there were that many open top project 32s in one place. JohnnyA

24. titus

titus

Well my buddy Chuck Dupaul stopped over the other day to see the roadster and he said he thought he had an upper deck panel left from a roadster project he built a few years ago, he said hed check in a day or so, so i got a call yesterday that he found it and that i could have it, so i went and picked it up this morning. It needs some loving but itll work perfect for the car, Thanks Chuck!

jeff

Attached Files:

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Piece by piece!!!

Ya know it's funny when you posted a pic of the new roadster parts all mocked up, I thought, I've seen something similar somewhere and there it was, KHOUGAZ! So awesome. I love channeled '32 Ford. I prefer them actually.

26. This is so kool to follow along with.......Great find and better storys.

27. Nobey

Nobey

Thanks for the story Jeff. Glad you you finally got the parts, and really
    happy to see you building a channeled 32. Rich....

28. titus

titus

Well, we went back digging out west for some more 32 parts, unfortunately the guy sold all the 32 coupe bits i was going to buy, we had a handshake deal on them but i guess this is modern times and they are worth much anymore, if a hamber got the chunks, good for you but im still mad! all kidding aside, we did turn up one and one half more roadster bodies and a bunch of other misc parts, i found garnish mouldings and a door that the guys that bought the coupes missed.

The funny thing is that the 32 roadster peices we dug up were completely forgoten about by the owner, he didnt know he had em, we also found a 35/6 roadster cowl, 2 sets of 35/6 roadster doors and pheaton rear doors and a set of cabriolet doors also, a bunch of lost stuff!

2014062695154312.jpg 2014062695154559.jpg downsized_0703140747a.jpg downsized_0703140747.jpg

29. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Nice pile of parts! Did you grab that 37 Hudson Terraplane grill that was under the 32 roadster quarter?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!