Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Super sano!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Sharp. Is that T-5 backing up a 170? I like the wheels, too: V6 Mustang?

3. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Thanks for the heads up. Just subscribed! :)

4. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Very nice! And cool deal on scoring a wagon evilfalcon.

5. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

I finished the hood today. Color sanded and buffed it this morning, and this afternoon the chrome shop had the boomerang done. Sweet timing.

Attached Files:

6. homealone

homealone
    from texas

Yep, the 170 is still hanging out up front. And a yes on the V6 Mustang wheels. I painted the recesses darker to give them a little more definition.

7. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

Awesome wagon!!! Did you pick that up in Oxford ma? On ma Craigslist

What's the plans with it?

8. Bull

Bull

What year Mustang? Got any specs on the wheels? Sizes? Backspace? Tire sizes?

9. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

Hahah yes ! The 700 dollar wagon. In the process of redoing the woodgrain and putting the trim back on . Satin clearing the patina. And lowering it 3in front and back. And running my 14 inch steal wheels with original cal custom 4 lug spider caps and drive the hell out if it !

10. homealone

homealone
    from texas

2005+ Mustang.

They are 16x7 with I believe a 39mm offset. I am running 205/60-16 tires.

11. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

12. YES! great plan Evil . Can't wait to see pics of it "Done" .

13. Damn, ya'll have been busy.

I've been goofin' off mostly with the exception of one small project.

I've been running a low pressure hydraulic brake lite switch:

[​IMG]

I haven't been real happy with the hydraulic switch's function in stop n' go traffic out among the masses who are all busy lookin' at their phones while they should be payin' better attention to the road so I decided to cobble together a pedal mounted mechanical brake lite switch:

[​IMG]

I used a NAPA ECH SL200 mechanical brake lite switch and an adjustable master cylinder push rod that I bought from a Mustang vendor on the net.

I picked up the nylon bushings for the mounting stud and the push rod from the same outfit. The mounting stud was made from a 9/16" OD leaf spring shackle pin that I shortened and drilled a hole in for the retainer.

After the push rod was shortened a half inch and turned down for more threads, it was just a matter of crawlin' under the dash and puttin' it al together on the brake pedal:

[​IMG]

I used a 20A fused constant hot circuit to the switch and the output went directly to the stop lite feed on the turn signal switch.

Now, I can "tap" the brake pedal and maybe get the attention of the idiot behind me.

14. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

I knew it, was eyeing that. Looks like a great start. Def post pics, dropped wagons are the shit. Where can you get the spider caps? Only nos ones floating around , or does someone make repros?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just did the mechanical brake light switch conversion, on my '60, for the same reason. The pressure switch does not come on, until you have built pressure. Now, I have lights, the instant I touch the pedal.

16. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

cool deal on the brake switch! all sorts of good ideas on here :)

17. Falcondad

Falcondad
    from Tracy CA

Like the brake light switch idea. Since I dot like the idea of my brake lights only working half the time on my 60.

ROTTEN CC Tracy Ca.

18. Falcondad

Falcondad
    from Tracy CA

19. I'm sure there's a vendor on the left coast that would have them.

I use these guys because they're close and the prices are very competitive...

20. Falcondad

Falcondad
    from Tracy CA

So do I need to run the adjustable pedal rod or can I use the stock rod? Just trying to make it as cheap as possible since money is tight this month and I'll be doing my 60 and 61 falcon.

ROTTEN CC Tracy Ca.

21. I dunno, Dad, I didn't try the original push rod-

[​IMG]

Notice that the original push rod (top) uses an eccentric bolt for pedal free play adjustment and it doesn't have the flat on the end (where the pedal pivots on the push rod) that engages the mechanical brake light switch.

I knew that most later master cylinder push rods have the flat, so I didn't try the original.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  22. Falcondad

Falcondad
    from Tracy CA

Hmmm. Haven't looking at mine in awhile. I'll have to check it out here in a few and find out. But looking at the pic looks like I might need the adjustable one.

ROTTEN CC Tracy Ca.

23. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

Nos cal custom I posted in here. and got a set best of luck ! I want to eventually start making them

24. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On the brake light switch fix on my '60, with the eccentric adjuster.

I knocked out the pedal stop bumper, and put a Standard Motor Products SLS66 switch, in its place. I just spliced into the green wire that comes out of the column, and bridged the wires that went to the original pressure switch.

A little less complicated, and the switch is super-common.

25. I used a mechanical lever switch on my Roadster simply because I could stop the Roadster with a light touch on the pedal and never light the lights, 4 wheel discs. I set it up so a 1/4 inch of movement on the brake pedal sets off the lights.
    Just a thought

26. Falcondad

Falcondad
    from Tracy CA

That's simple. Same brake switch used on a 75 chevy pickup and I got a few laying around. Thanks for the info. Seems Easier and it's cheaper then the other way since the switch is only like 6 bucks at your local parts house.

ROTTEN CC Tracy Ca.

27. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was exactly what I was thinking. Easy, repeatable, easily field-serviceable.

28. Falcondad

Falcondad
    from Tracy CA

And exactly what I needed too. Was looking at my pedal assembly today and trying to find a simpler way and you figured it out for me. As for the green wire off the column. Is that a hot wire? I got an after market harness so will have to look at what wires I have off that for a brake switch. Since I haven't finished wiring it all in yet.

ROTTEN CC Tracy Ca.

29. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Nice!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!