Register now to get rid of these ads!

value of trunk hinges for 50 merc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anteek49, Nov 18, 2013.

1. anteek49

anteek49

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need a pair of trunk hinges for a '50 merc. posted on wanted here and Fordbarn. Had one reply of $150...my wife always said this was ugly on my face,not stupid. I've been out of the loop for a while but thought they'd be $50 or less for a pair............am I wrong?

2. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

3. squeaky32

squeaky32

i know the baby lincoln hinges will work, and ones for a shoebox go for about 100-120 new with fresh chrome, so maybe check out those? might be worth it to fab a shoebox hinge in its place. that seems kinda steep to me, but at the same time i dont really know

4. F&J

F&J

how much do you spend a month on tv/cable/cell?

serious question. how much?

5. Squablow

Squablow

I think I got $100 for the last pair I had. Shoebox ones are different. They come up on eBay every once in a while but you've gotta hold out if you're hoping to score a pair cheaper than that.

There's no repops being made and they're popular cars even as 4 doors with few being parted out so some parts like that are going to be pricey.

6. Anteek,

I have a pair i can let go. They are hard to find that are not bent, or twisted from someone leaning on it.

Pm Me and we can talk.

tokyo