Register now to get rid of these ads!

new from Wyoming

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by low51fan, Nov 17, 2013.

1. low51fan

low51fan

Been following this site for over 2 years, I have owned a 51 Merc 2 door for 20 years and hauled it around to every different town and storage area I have been. I have always said someday as many do but now seems to be the time. I have been around cars all my life and rebuilt a few cars but always needed to sub out the major bodywork. I have bought my own welder now (miller 211) a cutting torch etc and a large enough air compressor to supply my neighborhood. I have a neighbor who has offered to show me how to get started as he has been a rod builder for years.

I now have my Merc in the garage the body is in very good shape but the floors and rockers are waaaay gone. I have bought the inner rockers from Mike at green mountain and as of today am in contact with Townsend customs and Matt to get my complete new floors. I have collected parts for the 20 years I have owned the car including a nice 4 door. I started my car life as a 69 Camaro fan in "74" but with everyone else jumping in I find myself exiting that type of car.
    I am excited to get this project going, I have taken it apart to the shell and frame and we have taken the passenger side outer and inner rockers off and here we go!
    I know this project will be dead in the water without the help from you guys on this site so I am hoping I can prove myself enough for your help.

Jim

2. Jim,
    You'll find plenty of help on the HAMB. Good luck and welcome from Michigan.

3. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Welcome to the Hamb.... Take plenty of photos of your Merc, then start a build thread and show us a few pictures of your progress. There's a lot of Merc info here...

4. welcome to the site ....