Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Need Help Identifying This Old 6 Cylinder Aluminum Block

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vintagetraveler1885, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Vintagetraveler1885

Vintagetraveler1885
    from Michigan

Hello,

I am stumped and I hope somebody out there can help me. I acquired this engine block many years ago and stored it away. I was cleaning out the garage the other day for a new project that I am starting and came across this aluminum block that I forgot I had. I thought that it was an early 60's slant six out of a Mopar but visually it just doesn't match up to others I have seen on the internet while doing some research. The only number I see in on the camshaft and it reads : 3159613.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to use this in a future project but need to find out some details about it first to see if parts are readily available to build it.

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

2. squirrel

squirrel

neat block. Is there anything on the little yellow tag on the top left corner?

Looks old....generator mount, canister type oil filter, probably 50s-mid 60s, possibly import.

3. Vintagetraveler1885

Vintagetraveler1885
    from Michigan

Thank you for the quick reply Jim.

I do see a number that is stamped in the yellow paint which appears to be the serial number. It reads: S 40621.

Thanks again for your help.

4. parts37

parts37

Kinda looks like early 60s Rambler

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. squirrel

squirrel

yeah, it does, 1961-64 196.

6. Pretty sure this is correct! Not one of Ramblers best ideas

7. Vintagetraveler1885

Vintagetraveler1885
    from Michigan

Thanks for your help guys. Now, I need to decide if it is even worth building. It is cool and all but not sure if it makes sense building it to use in a custom project after reading about the problems that these aluminum blocks had.

Thanks again and I hope I am welcome back in the future should I need any further help.

Have a good day!