Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nub with an old fridge

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by free55, Oct 21, 2013.

1. free55

free55

Hey guys while I'm a nub here I familiar with forums and there etiquette, play nice. I have a 1960 F100 that I'm working on. It's going to be more of a work truck. So far I've straighten out the body(some what), removed and sold the original motor, replaced the rearend with a '69 9". I also added front disc brakes. I'm NOT a fan of drums all the way around.

I'm mostly here to use the search engine. Most people here fab up what needs to be done. I'm a big time miser. Here's what she looked like when I got her.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Welcome from NC, great looking truck you have!

3. welcome to the board ....

4. free55

free55

Thanks guys! This place is jammed packed with everything! Cool rides, vintage pics, great info and the classifieds.

5. xwing01

xwing01

I try not to correct spelling, but reading that literally is kind of funny....newb or nube

6. Welcome! Im also a nub but with a 58 fridge. Lol.. I've got a 60 hood in good condition that ill trade ya for that 58 hood.. seriously. PM me if your interested. I dont have the front emblem but ive got the side emblems in great condition.

7. Here's the hood. theres a small dent on the left side.

Attached Files:

8. free55

free55

Newbie!!! Fng!!! Lol!!!

9. Carolina Man

Carolina Man

Welcome from Stillwater

10. free55

free55

I'll post some pics of my hood tomorrow.

11. Model T1

Model T1

Welcome nub but with a 58 fridge. Damned I stopped to act friendly so I could grab a beer from your fridge! :rolleyes:
    I'm with you on use what you can scrounge and have fun with it. Too many wanna be rodders dial 800-send-parts then have cousin Al built their vehicle. Enjoy the forum and go play with your truck.

12. Welcome from Central VA!

13. free55

free55

Model T1, thanks for the no love LOL!!! Dbruce, I went to VCU for two years. Never got to try boiled peanuts. The skirts are probably from a 64-66 T-bird and are in good condition. No dents. I should be in Bakersfield in a few weeks to pick up some parts. Or I can meet you in Barstow since my friend says, "It's just right there."

NUB:D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. No need for the t-bird skirts. I'm still interested in the hood that front emblem has to come with it tho.. And I'll give up the 60 side emblems. You can keep your side emblems and sell em or whatever.. and I can meet you in Barstow when you want, jest let me know

15. luke13

luke13

heeeey im a miser too, not by choice though, wait do you have to have money to be a miser? sweet truck, i once drove one home that i found at the tip it was running on 7 and only one of the front drums working 30 mph was terriffing as the suspention was shot as well, cant believe some of the stuff people throw out. the tip foreman said if i could get it started and drive it that i could have it.

16. free55

free55

SinCityRatFink, sounds good. I can't give up hood latch cause it's married well to the bottom loop side. Front emblem, I don't care. It belongs to that year. Hopefully I should meet up with you before the end of the month.

luke13, what's the tip? Is that like a scrap yard or something?

17. luke13

luke13

yeah it a fancy name for the city dump, where the the truck goes to TIP out its rubbish, we got lots of wierd names for stuff in the southern hemisphere.

18. david taylor

david taylor
    from arivaca az

19. Welcome from NorCal nub ... I gots a 60 fridge also. I need three 15" rims with inside (drumroll please) ... nubs! But Bakersfield is too far to travel.

Attached Files:

20. free55

free55

SAM123, BOOOO! LOL. I'm just south of Fresno. I have my dad's old spare and an extra, so I'm pretty sure I won't use the stocks. Make me an offer if interested. BTW, I love that grill.

SinCityRatFink, one last question. Are the hood support braces still intact. I was looking at one awhile ago and somebody had cut them for some stupid reason.

I forgot I bought this at an auto swap meet.

[​IMG]

21. Hum that's weird. why would they do that. but yea I believe so.. lol. I'll double check when I get home from work tonight just to make sure. Oh, and nice 60 emblem.

22. Model T1

Model T1

Model T1, thanks for the no love LOL!!!

I didn't say I don't love ya man. I just said I was lookin for beer in your fridge. Good luck.

23. Pic

Attached Files:

24. free55

free55

25. Hey man I'm going to be headin out to the pamona on December 8th if you wanna meet then?

26. free55

free55

At the swap meet? I won't make any promises. It's just that in Bakersfield I'll be buying, selling, and trading car parts. The trifecta if possible. But I'll keep that option open.

27. Well just me know.

28. skrapin_64

skrapin_64
    from Chino ,CA

Sin come out 1 day earlier man and hit mooneyes Xmas show! Just get here early

Midnight Speed Shop