Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Was cruising my 64 last night and with the cooler temperatures lower to mid 50's my car was hooking up a lot better.Got some pretty good scratch just about everytime I goosed it a little at a few stop lights.I would hit it and then back out of it,felt really good though.:D

2. I also think the under engine brace/lower support thing is the "best bang for your buck"...

[​IMG]

3. loudbang

loudbang

Jeeze your oil pan is so shiny I thought you had a pan with a double row of bolts.

4. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Thanks for the added inspiration, AndrewnTX. I'm finding myself more and more drawn to the 60-62 roof line even though I have the 63 HT. May have to build a second one when this one is done.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. rcrown

rcrown

Hello all, need to know if anyone knows the center line of their axle with in the rear fender on a 1962 falcon, I need to put a rear end under this car and weld up this universal four link front brackets to the rails. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1384144337.577072.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Falcondad

Falcondad
    from Tracy CA

7. rcrown

rcrown

Ok sounds good, thank you I'll give that shot Tomorrow morning 109"
    Thank you again

8. Falcondad

Falcondad
    from Tracy CA

Just looked it up and I was 1/5 inch off. It's 109.5 inch wheelbase. Lol. Hope this helps. Post pics of the install of the 4 link.

ROTTEN CC Tracy Ca.

9. loudbang

loudbang

I believe that means you are 1/2 inch off.

10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Probably just a typo. 1/5 inch would be 0.20".

11. Falcondad

Falcondad
    from Tracy CA

Yea was a type. Was working on the car and keeping up with post in here before the wife got off work and forgot to double check it.

ROTTEN CC Tracy Ca.

12. Falcondad

Falcondad
    from Tracy CA

Well took some time off from building the 60 falcon to get some work done on my 61 falcon. Got the rear end under it and will be measuring and welding in my coil over mounts. This is my long term project but figured I can do a little once a week to keep me satisfied until I find something to do on the 60 or until I get some more parts for it. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1384236213.870308.jpg

ROTTEN CC Tracy Ca.

13. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Nice work everyone! I love it. I am now motivated to get some more work done on mine. I'll post pics later :)

14. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Okay, here are some pictures of my last 40 hours, no kidding, of work. It does not look like much, and I don't know if it is this much work because I don't know what I am doing, or because it is simply that much work.
    Either scenario sounds equally correct.
    I thought the hood was going to be an easy job, because it looked like it was straight, and I would only have to fix a couple of dents and do body work where the welding seams are located.
    The underside of the hood was full of crud and rust, so I had it sand blasted. Come to find out that there was a ton of bondo on it. It had been walked on or jumped on in its past life, and had more than 60 dents in it. I did not know this before I had already spent a bunch of time cutting and customizing it. Grrrrrr....
    Well, I think I finally got it straight ( I will know for sure when it has it shiny color on it) and I painted the first color on the hoood's underside today. It is Meissen Bkau, a 1957 through 1959 Porsche color. The roof will be Wimbledon white with blue skull apps on it, I'm not hood and front fenders will have Wimbledon white scallops ( in theory... I will have to Photoshop that first ;)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  15. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

These are the pictures of the process.

Attached Files:

16. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

And finally, the Meissen Blau color on the bottom :)
    I know that it looks grey in the photograph under fluorescent lights. That was the tricky thing about finding this color. It looks different in every photograph. It is a blue green gray.

Attached Files:

17. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Can't wait to see the photoshop pics!

18. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

That hood looks good, don't feel too bad about finding the bondo.Mine was the same.It looked like it had been beat with a ball peen hammer.:eek::cool:

19. Locoxp

Locoxp

Some real nice work been done on some of these old falcons on this thread! Mine is in storage for now, but when I left it had just installed the TCI front end and finished the rear set up.. not as pretty as some but you make do with what you have.. angle grinder and a welder

Attached Files:

20. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

21. Doing a little restyling on the rear of my Convert. I had a concpet for what I wanted on the rear of this car to go with the GT350 front end I had done. Been so busy at PerTronix I didn't have time to do this. My Ex Employee now has his own shop and does great metal work, so I let Chris at Romance With Rust tackle this for me.
    [​IMG]

22. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Looks awesome to me!! Great work. :D

23. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Keep posting pics of the rear progress Hotroddon. Looks great and interesting. curious to see how it all comes out.

24. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

25. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

squire wagon I just picked up ![​IMG]

26. zombie289

zombie289
    from SoCal

Looks great! Kinda reminds me of something Holman Moody mighta done!

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nice wagon EvilFalcon1961! Sorry I hadn't answered your P.M. yet, but I'm not too sure I'm going to completely part my wagon quite yet. It's driveline and suspension will probably end up in my ranchero, but I'm kinda thinking of keeping the body together at the moment as I know where there is a very clean but damn near totally stripped '62 wagon shell that I might be able to pry from the owner's hands. I can't quite let that car die completely yet...

28. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

completely understand ! and thank you, I love it already

29. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it here before, but I have a build thread going on for my ‘62 Falcon Deluxe and my wife’s ‘61 Futura. I mention it because the ‘62 is sort of beginning to pick up steam.

I’m hoping to get the engine / trans / rear axle swap on the Futura underway this winter.

30. homealone

homealone
    from texas

I thought I would share my 63. Nothing special other than the T-5.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]