Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Club Plaque Photos?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bullet Nose, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

It feels thin enough you could bend or break it. That's the same way mine is, too. Oh well, I didn't pay shit for it and it still hangs on a wall good, hahaha.

2. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

A few from my buddies house.

If you look at The Drifters, you can see it said Hell's Angels on it, but we can't make out the city on it.

I'll post a few more.

Attached Files:

3. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

I didn't see this Road Gents on the page.

Attached Files:

4. Here's my Hell's Angels plaque. It's a recast of my Dad's original plaque...courtesy of the kind folks at O'Brien Truckers. Thanks, Dennis!

Attached Files:

5. My grandpa Bill's club plaque.

Attached Files:

6. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

[​IMG]

Very unusual and I wonder why someone would go to the trouble to grind off Hell's Angels before adding what looks to be foundry letters, then casting The Drifters plaque using it as a pattern. I tried searching my database and also O'Brien's to see if there was something that looked like the Hells Angels plaque but came up empty. Maybe some old timer on here knows the answer.

7. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Only thing I can think of is that base was the main pattern at the foundry. They put whatever letters on there they needed, cast it to make a master, then took the letters off and moved on to the next one.

8. [​IMG]
    Here is one we have been using since 1962...............Same bunch of guys. Go-Getters_BristolCounty.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  9. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Someone sent me a photo of your car and plaque and I'm wondering if this is the second version.

Attached Files:

10. Kerry67

Kerry67

Here is my club

Attached Files:

• plag.jpg
      plag.jpg
      File size:
      12.9 KB
      Views:
  11. CTFuzz,
    The original pattern for your plaques in 1962 - one of the 8000 from Chicago Metal Craft.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  12. Chopped32,

Here is the original Masonite and linoleum pattern used to make yor grandfather's plaque. One of the 4100 different plaques made by Speed Gems back in the 1950/60's.

Dennis

Attached Files:

13. sport fury

sport fury

do you have a database for contact information for any of these old car clubs? i would like to be on such a database. i have some what taken over my dads old car club and would be a good contact for the car club.

14. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

E-mail sent.

15. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Six years ago today I started this thread to see if I could get photos of old car club plaques to add to my club's website. It was a project I started 13 years ago when I took over their website and I now have over 8,000 different plaques posted.

As I checked the stats for this thread, I saw that in six years there have been 1,010 posts (155 of those were by me) and 195,006 views. That averages out to 32,500 views per year, 2,700 views per month or 90 views per day.

The reason for this post is that I have decided to drop out of Relics & Rods so I will no longer be doing their website. They have agreed to leave the historical data I've collected on their server until I can find a new place to host it. If you would like to be on my mailing list so I can notify you if and when things change, you can E-mail me at [email protected].

Many of the photos on my site have been provided by HAMBers on this thread or by sending photos to me directly, and I thank you all for your contributions to my virtual collection.

I'm not going away and will always be a member of my other club .....

[​IMG]

Once you become a geezer, you'll always be a geezer.

Best wishes,

Bill Junge
    Lake Havasu City

Car Club Plaques

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  16. Great thread Bill, glad to do whatever I can to help out.

Hope you find a good ISP to host your database and photos.

You've been a great help to many guys looking for information on their old clubs.

Keep up the good work,

Dennis

17. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans

Here's ours from Sydney Australia

Attached Files:

18. Anyone know where I can find a Karb Kings plaque? I regret selling mine a few years back and would like another one.

[​IMG]

19. JJK

JJK

Got this one as a birthday gift last October. Any Austin guys remember the club?

[​IMG]

20. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Dennis O'Brien is your go to guy. He can make one off the original pattern .....

[​IMG]

21. Cool! Thanks. Not sure why I didn't think of that! lol
    The one i did have was the first one remade from the original casting when they revamped the club.

22. Do you have to be a member of that club to get one? I'm not putting it on my car. I collect them and hang in my garage. I contacted the club on FB, but they never responded. thanks

23. I've done 60 plaques for that club from that original pattern. I PM'd you the contact info for the last guy to order them on 2010 so you can contact him to get one.

Dennis

24. Beau

Beau

This is ours.

Attached Files:

25. Thanks Dennis, Please ignore the email I just sent. You just answered my question.

26. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Looks like the new webmaster has changed things around so the photos I had links to are now RED Xs. This may be a temporary issue that will be fixed soon. In the mean time, I'm still getting photos to add and will continue to post them.

I recently received a photo of a plaque with Fresno and a brass knuckle graphic. Anyone in the Fresno area know if this was a car club or what the club was called?

Attached Files:

27. DS1937

DS1937

Here's one from the late 50's here on Long Island, NY.

Attached Files:

28. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Here is one more I just got from DS1937 .....

Attached Files:

29. rollinsixes

rollinsixes

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396115557.824680.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. dicksrodshop

dicksrodshop
    from roanoke va

I was down in Charlotte nc at the Charlotte auto fair and purchased a club plaque the club name was floor shifters does anyone have any info on that club?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!