Register now to get rid of these ads!

hamb friendly mouse trap bait!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jambottle, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Steve!

Steve!
    BANNED
    from at the gym

that made me think of this!
    [​IMG]

2. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

You beat me to it......

3. beater32

beater32

These new Hamb rules are really fkn hard to figure out.. 5 pages of this shit ???

4. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

& worth every post for the laughs... :D .

Marcus...

PS: Besides, getting rid of the mouskies is... "traditional".

5. 1955IHC

1955IHC

^^ I agree.:confused:

Sent via Illinois Bell Telephone Company's Car Radiotelephone

6. belair

belair

Go read "How to wash a Barn find".

7. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best 'traditional' mouse repellant, no nice way to say it, piss outside the shop in various locations. There's not been a mouse in my barn for 10yrs. I realize not everyone can do this. Living in rural southern MI rocks...

8. Has anyone tried deer urine ?. I use it to keep rabbits from chewing the Christmas lights but reading the above post made me wonder.

9. How do you train the deer to piss on your Christmas lights? LOL

HIGHLANDER, you must drink more beer than I do. It would take me a year to get all the way around all my buildings. I suppose the wife could help, but her aim isn't very good

10. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Maybe I'll just piss inside my truck..

11. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

This is my vote for WINNER!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

Yes I live in Georgia and because of this, I have started getting my own sweet tea. Haha

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Don't piss on your Christmas lights unless you turn the power off first! :)

15. aaggie

aaggie

Once on You Tube I saw a video for a really slick Redneck mousetrap. I can't find the link so I will describe it.
    Take a five gallon bucket and a two liter plastic Coke bottle. Thread a wire rod through the center of the bottle and out the neck so the bottle spins on the rod. Put a strip of peanut butter around the middle of the bottle then lay it across the top of the bucket where it can rotate around the wire. Put some water in the bottom of the bucket and prop a short board against the side of the bucket.

The mice crawl up the board and when the walk on the bottle to get to the peanut butter the bottle spins and they fall into the water and drown.

16. Steve!

Steve!
    BANNED
    from at the gym

I'm hip, man! That cat didn't know ANY tunes, man!

17. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

[​IMG]

This works great at my house

18. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Do you rent him out ???

19. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

When do you need him? I'll see when he's available. He's training his new litter. Be available soon.

20. Truckedup

Truckedup

Fuck you Mr Rodent..

Attached Files:

21. paleot

paleot
    from louisiana

Bacon rind works great, tough enough for multiple catches.

22. XXL__

XXL__

Those smart little bastards wouldn't touch my wooden trap with a dollop of Jif peanut butter on it. It sat there for a week. I wiped the Jif off and put a dollop of Knudsen's Natural on there, and bam...

It tells me we don't need to be eating whatever processed chemical crap that Jif is putting into their product. Or... that the mouse around here are peanut butter hipster snobs.

23. I live in the country and have tried most of the methods mentioned here, but always go back to the old style spring trap with peanut butter. Seems to work the best. like was said, set them against a wall, that's how they travel. I keep about 4 or 5 in the garage at all times.

24. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Maybe that's my problem...I've been using Jif as well. I'll try something else. Hell, I'll smear the trap with caviar and lobster if that's what it takes to kill the little bastards.:eek:

25. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I damn near spit coffee on the keyboard this morning laughing so hard at this reply!! Perfect!!!

Seriously though, there's only a couple spots the lil fucks can get in. The dogs handle the rest, especially this one.

Attached Files:

26. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Yeah, I think their diet tends to be regional. In CA, I would swap the peanut butter for tofu, and put the trap in front of a big screen TV with a Pilates DVD playing. :D

27. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Thanks to my dirt bag, next door neighbor, with his junk cars overgrown in grass, and blackberry brambles, and wood piled up everywhere, we have a Norway rat problem. I see them crawl under the wooden fence all the time. I made one of the bucket/bottle/water traps to catch them with, but the peanut butter was disappearing, and no rats were in the bottom, but I could even see the tooth marks in the peanut butter. So then, I put my small Have-A-Hart cage trap to use. My first capture was a squirrel, that's what was getting the peanut butter in the bucket trap. But, I've also been catching rats right and left. The rats then succumb to acute lead poisoning, administered intra-cranially via a high powered pellet rifle; the squirrels, and I've caught four of those now, are given a ride to the baseball fields about 2 miles away. This is in only the last 60 days or so. I read on the local health district sight, that for every mouse/rat you see/catch, there are seven more of his buddies out there. There are cats everywhere in my neighborhood, they must not be doing their jobs. Too cold here for snakes. Butch/56sedandelivery.

28. Funrunr

Funrunr

I wouldn't recommend the flybait and cola around anywhere another animal could get to the dead carcus. While this does work, any other pet or wild animal that eats the dead rodent will have eaten this poison too and will die. I used this for a groundhog that was destroying our barn. I was informed to wrap it in a plastic bag and burry it at least two feet in the ground. A lot of good laughs on this post!

I store one of my cars and a camper in my barn for winter. We put mothballs throughout the barn and about 4 boxes of fabric softeners in the camper and throughout the car including any crack or crevis I can find. Mice will not chew the fabric softener to get inside. This also helps the smell inside the camper and car. I've been using this for about 4 years with no problems.

29. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

How long is peanut butter good for on a snap trap? I have some traps where it looks so old even I wouldn't eat it.

30. We use a plastic pail, a wooden dowel, a soda can and some peanut butter...Works great!!! So heres how to make the perfect trap.. step 1.Take a 5 gallon pail notch the top so the wooden dowel will rest across the top step 2. take the soda can and drill a hole in the bottom. step 3. insert the dowel through the soda can and make sure it rolls easily on the dowel..Step 4. Add 2 gallons of water to the pail.. step 5. smear peanut butter on the can... Its simple the rodent walks out to the can to get a bite, it rotates under his weight and he go's swimming without a floatation device.. This is the perfect garage trap...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013