Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Rest in Peace NortonG

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speedy Canuck, Nov 9, 2013.

1. I have still not gotten over the fact that this has happened. It brings great sadness to me and my old lady. Before moving to Toronto I had known Dave online and when finally moving here he was my first friend and was ALWAYS there for me. I spend countless nights at his house after some crazy nights:eek: He did everything he could to help me meet people when I moved here including introducing my girlfriend and I together. It is because of Dave that we are together and we are both greatly saddened by this. Everytime I drive the Ford down the road I'll remember all the times we wrenched on it in my driveway and our countless trips to Partsource and Canadian Tire to get odds and ends.

Thank you so much for everything Dave I owe a lot to you and you were like a big brother to me! Show them all how to build rad hot rods up there man!

Mitchell de Moor

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I still can't wrap my head around this. Really makes me think.....

3. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

thank you all from norton's dad

4. davidh73750

davidh73750

May you find peace in these hard times. 29 too young.

5. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I didn't know this young man but just reading all the posts tells that the he was a great person and friend. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

6. Hot Rod Trash

Hot Rod Trash

Gonna miss ya buddy. RIP

7. daddio211

daddio211

8. I remember driving the T (not t-bucket) up to Waterdown swap meet one year, I heard this voice as I was pulling in that there was "to much motor" in it ...Ha ha what a character he was !

9. 54sled

54sled

Never met him,just seen him round here,Godspeed my friend.rip

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

So sorry, I can't imagine your loss, my heart goes out to you and your family.

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Bump. The Hamb lost a very valuable member. Everyone needs to know.

12. rust&patina

rust&patina

Rest In Peace Brother ... Prayers To Family & Friends

13. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

A fellow Canadian rodder with sons his age... I can't imagine the grief. My deepest condolences.

14. Im so shocked with the news, i enjoyed so much swapping T ideas and following his progress. Im happy to have known him through the HAMB. RIP Bud. Thanks Speedy for your kind words. JW

15. Tim (Dave's father) had asked me to "fix" his earlier post thanking you all. I told him I'd leave it just as it was, but add a little more.

I know Tim has read through the comments on this thread at least twice. As I see, it has provided some comfort, and Tim has mentioned more than once how he is surprised by the outpouring of support here, and on Facebook. I don't think the family realized until now, the extent of Dave's involvement in the lives of others. Even people Dave had never met in person, he supported and encouraged on their hotrod builds. He was a friend to many, as demonstrated here.

Thank you all for everything written here. It has provided support and comfort to the family, as well as to myself.

16. I had the privilege of meeting Norton and Speedy at TROG13. Really down to earth guys!

Godspeed Dave...."too fast to live, too young to die, bye-bye!" - The Eagles, "James Dean"
    SDG

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  17. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Wow, this is sad. And only 29. I have a son very close to that age.

Rip and keep the hot rod spirit alive up there, with all the other gearheads already there and others who will join you in the future.

God bless your friends and family and give them peace in celebration of your life.

18. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

Tim, our vocabulary doesn't have a word for the type of loss you've experienced. Can't stop thinking about David... I didn't know him well but he was always smiling whenever I saw him, and it was fun to be around him.

19. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I'm truly saddened to find this out this morning. NortonG was one of the first folks to jump up with words of encouragement and excitement on my build last year. My deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

20. koolkemp

koolkemp

Rest in peace Dave....

21. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

damn...... so sorry to hear this . i have no words !! ughhh!!

RIP dave !!

22. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

23. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

This sucks. I kept an eye on him on Instagram and that really can make you feel like you have a connection. I'll miss all his interesting posts.

24. Beau

Beau

Ah man. So sad.

25. My Ole' buddy DW from up their in Canada shared this with me yesterday....God Speed to you Dave I know that you are wrapped in the Lords arms tightly welcoming you to his Heavenly Palace.
    Tim and your Family sounds like Dave was loved and respected by many,you can find great rest and peace in the legacy he has left behind.
    Much Love sent out to you Brother.

26. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

Remembering Dave.

27. I always remember Dave, I keep seeing his posts in old threads I revisit.
    RIP Dave and thoughts to the ones you left behind. JW

28. Dave50

Dave50

Thought of Dave a lot last week...... kept thinking of some funny shit he said and did. RIP brother

Speedy Canuck and general gow like this.
  29. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

.....a quiet little memorial off to the side at The Jalopy Jam Up 2014 was a place of contemplation. Dave's unfinished project that Tim is gradually working on....Peace, brother...

[​IMG]

Beau, Martin_F, 26 T Ford RPU and 2 others like this.