Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Beachcomber

Beachcomber
    from Phoenix,AZ

This has got to be the ugliest thread ever.......

2. Koz

Koz

I've been enjoying this thread for weeks now. My brother lives in Scottsdale and we get to Cave Creek when we visit. Do they still have the beer there with the Halapeno pepper in the bottle? Vicious stuff in 100 deg. heat!

3. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

There might be others, but the only one I'm familiar with was Crazy Ed's beer. Ever burped and almost throw up? That's what this stuff tasted like....

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ever notice how the sound of some words actually reminds you of what the word is describing? Like "bile" for instance??:p

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Actually, one of the craft breweries downtown is doing that again, but it really is pretty damn good as it is based on a darkish Ale instead of just a beer.

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm glad to read you drive your T Bucket daily, Louvers. I thought I was the only person stupid enough to do that. :D

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nope, there is two of us. Next time it's raining on ya or some such, remember, there's at least a chance I'm dealing with something similar at about the same time...

8. jerry

jerry

Rain, in Phoenix?!?!

jerry

9. Crazybillybob

Crazybillybob
    from Ohio

It's either Sunny or dumping buckets in Phoenix... While I lived there I never saw a "Nice" Rain shower. It was more like a Monsoon or Cook your eggs on a rock. :cool:

Very nice Bucket Mr. Need Louvers

CBB

(now back where it rains nicely but for 4 months a year it snows too :p )

10. ^^^^^^Probably like Texas...."When it rains it never quits, and when it quits it never rains"

11. I've never had the stuff, but after that perfect analogy, I can picture exactly what it tastes like. So, in Beer Terms, it has "lots of body, with a very chunky note, and a highly acidic finish"?

12. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Heh, heh, heh....

13. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

Cleaning out a bunch of old pics I have on my hard drive...found these pics of an old Bird Automotive T-Bucket bed I used to have hanging on the garage wall

The coarse red metalflake in the gelcoat was bitchin'....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was NOS...never bolted on.

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That's freakin' awesome!!! Bass-boat metal chunkiness gel coat!

15. Less talk and more getting the american's back on the rear and stuff.

16. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Drove my ugly bucket to town to visit his ugly big brother in storage. Felt good having it out. Hadn't driven it since heart surgery in August.

Chip don't forget Gate 1 LARS Fathersday June 2014!

Attached Files:

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

How about temporarily getting the Halibrands on the front to match the backs?

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I haven't forgotten! I sat down with my buddy that will be doing the paint after the first of the year and made a solid plan and time frame. Hopefully I can pull this one off.

Glad to see you driving your car again!!! Oh, and yours isn't ugly!

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

CONGRATS! On getting behind the wheel again, Rebel!

20. hell guys, don't you want the overseas tourists stopping at your place, what with "Greasy" food and beers that sound like you need a knife and fork to aid drinking it and then no mention of the after effect. Hell, I can't wait to get over there but I will be a bit curious on the beers. I appreciate the fact that Fred and Chip drive their buckets too as when mine was on the road, any excuse to drive it would do. Even took it to a plant ?garden centre once and purchased a good size tree for the garden and no trouble with it sitting in the passenger seat with a seatbelt around it, for some reason I got a lot of stares that day but it is to be used after all.

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ha! Judy and I were just talking about that the other day and simply didn't get that far Monday! She was missing our Falcon Wagon because she wanted to go get another Palos Verde tree, and I mentioned we have unlimited head room in the "T"... I could see the wheels spinning in her head.

22. After all it does have a pickup bed!!!

23. You tell Judy she has good tastes in trees as I did a goggle of them and they are beautiful and would make good shade in the yard. Plus the birds and bees that would be attracted to the flowers. Yes, I can see a 2 to 3 yard high tree sitting beside you cruising home in the Ugly Buckley T.

24. jalopy45

jalopy45

Time for a trailer hitch....

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well, a bit more jiggery-poke this after noon. I figured I had the front Halibrands, so I might as well put some miles on them! It took a pair of stock patterned drums, and a bit of playing around, but a different TEMPORARY (Yes John, the Americans will find their way back!) look again. Makes me think I should just hang a turtle deck, get a track nose and call it a deal...

Attached Files:

26. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

I knew a t-bucket where the owner made a quick detach turtle deck / pickup rear combo. His pickup bed was probably 36" long or a little more, metal I think, and went under the gas tank. He used it to haul things including, yes, large potted plants. The turtle deck was for shows, and went over the gas tank.

I do like this look with matching wheels. Not every car has to look the same, and no one can argue with it being period correct. I'm trying to picture the car in orange paint with these wheels.

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nah, close your eyes and envision a '29 roadster pickup in bright orange on "A" rails and no fenders on these wheels... polished mirror finish, of course. These are just on loan from my other perennial project car. And actually, these wheels are a bit early to really be correct on this car. But for now, ya, I dig it!

Good Guy's weekend, Commence!!!

28. t-rod

t-rod

Those who have said you have to read this thread in shifts are right! I just saw the pics of your Vette valve covers and they reminded me of falcongeorge's comment about the casting flaw in the "o" he made near the beginning of the thread. I have a "mismatched" set like yours, one flawed and one not.

Attached Files:

29. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, Chip;

Don't look at the halibrands as "too early", rather, in keeping w/the cars' theme - not the ugly part, the cheap part - look at them as just some old un-wanted wheels that some poor kid had to use, 'cause he couldn't afford the *new* hi-buck american 5 spokes... :D .

Marcus...

30. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

What's the story on the Plymouth project in the background? ... looks interesting and HAMB-friendly.

Attached Files: