Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Prototype Turbo 6cyl Suburban

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dixiedog, Oct 17, 2013.

1. semaj4712

semaj4712

Very cool truck, im gonna say the boost gauge isnt stock, the needle isnt red/orange and it just doesnt look like the gauges that were in c10s and up at that time, but no theres very cool and I say build it and have fun with it

2. dixiedog

dixiedog

Not much, basically desert rat, extra fuel since there are no gas stations, rock dings to rockers. No Janice Joplin 8 track under the headliner.

The saddle tanks have 8" diameter ships type access ports, I wonder if there might some cross border contraband going on at one time.

3. 63comet

63comet

That's what interests me! Can you search police records for vehicles? Cross reference past owners to arrest records?

I could see someone bombing across the south western wastelands in a turbo'd Suburban with tanks full of west coast turn around or Peruvian marching powder back when the boarders weren't as tightly patrolled.

Anything else interesting? Shotgun brackets? Lots of radio mounts? Taillight kill switch?

If nothing else it'd make for just as interesting a story as the prototype idea and be harder for someone to disprove!

4. Babyearl

Babyearl

Ah Ha!! The plot thickens.

5. indyjps

indyjps

MAKE IT RUN, get this thing moving under its own power, you can swap on a newer turbo down the road, plenty of swap options from factory vehicles would work well. I've reread the thread and I'm very interested in how this progresses, it will be a really cool ride.