Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. chevguy400

chevguy400
    from oz

Hi guys, Ken from Queensland downunder. Recently sold my 69 Camaro as they`re more common than aussie musclecars over here now. Was looking for something a bit different than my normal tastes. Saw a picture online of a 53 belair hardtop for sale in Idaho and knew it was my new car. Ironically never gave a thought to 50`s chevs as I`m not a big fan of the tri-five. Loved the patina so just made the car clean and safe as I drive it to work every day. Gave it a very light rub, fixed the tiny bit of rust it had and sprayed it with a satin 2 pack clear. Replaced some of the brake system, lines and added a remote booster. Re-bushed the front end and replaced most of the suspension. First car I`ve done where I haven`t gone nuts with horsepower and customisation. It has a 400sbc and a 200r4 transmission which I serviced both and they run beautifully. Love the car and love driving rather than constantly repairing/modifying.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Welcome from another Aussie.

3. welcome aboard .....

likin the patina on the car =)

4. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Welcome to the HAMB from South Ga. USA :)

5. ibarodder

ibarodder

welcome from Mattoon, Il. 61938 54 taillights ?

6. chevguy400

chevguy400
    from oz

Yeah bud I believe they are 54 tail lights, can`t take credit for that stuff as that`s how I got it. Apparently the guy who sold it was a proper old school rodder which flows through the car with some pinstriping etc. By no means an afficianado of these early 50 chevs but am impressed with what`s been done. I`m usually a big cube, billet wheel, 1/4 mile type of guy so I`m still learning the intracies of these old girls. All I knows is what I likes :)

7. Merqry56

Merqry56

Welcome from another Aussie down under. Love the looks of these early 50's chevy's makes a change from the Tri 5 belly buttons!!!