Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage el mirage sat anyone else going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HELLMET, Nov 4, 2013.

1. HELLMET

HELLMET

im heading out with keith dean in his 27 roadster pickup. its a 4 banger with a 32 shell sam barris built. be out there about 7am sat. hope see some of my friends out there. billy

2. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I AM, Fri, Sat and Sunday

3. Tim will be there with the Unibody. Should have our fasted run ever.

4. Friday inspections, Saturday we pull patrol duty, with some racing on Sunday. Looking forward to it

5. I'll be there Fri, Sat, and Sunday

6. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

I'll be there Saturday.

7. oleman

oleman

To All those going. I'm jealous. I went about 5 years ago. I thought I died and went to Hot Rod Heaven.. Keep in mind I'm From Boston, we don't have stuff like that out here. That's all we have out here is the World Champion Boston ( Strong) Red Sox

8. don't feel to bad, I haven't been to fenway park since 1950. 8th grade graduation trip.

9. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

I'll get there either Thursday evening or Friday morning. I'll be running near the back of the round since I don't have any points. Wayno

10. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Maybe without quite the history or dust but we got Loring "up in the county" roughly 8-10 hrs away.

Ed

11. firingorder1

firingorder1

I'll be there but not racing. Bonneville put a major hurt on the finances. They're on life support right now.

12. I'll be there first thing Saturday morning ready to run!

13. blacktopicasso

blacktopicasso

I'm a first timer to ElMirage. I will drive out Friday evening and sleep in car. I'm looking for best place to park overnight and tips to make it a great experience.

14. farnhamyrl

farnhamyrl
    from london

Tim will be there with the Unibody.[​IMG]

15. pooboy

pooboy
    from SoCal

I was there today and their was a nasty crash with some poor SOB going end over end for ever, it seemed. I truly hope and pray he came out okay. They had to take him out by helicopter.

16. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anybody have word on the guy who crashed?

17. Yes, Brian was running the Hondata car. He is beat up and in the hospital but up and smiling for pictures. Nothing too serious but still scary anytime a car goes airborn. Course was really rough according to Tim.

18. He's up and smiling. Still has his "Fun Meter" pegged too.

[​IMG]

Tony Huntimer Photo

AKA Anthony Huntimer - Huntimer Photography
    Home of the World's Fastest Calendar

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  19. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Pretty good case of "Flip Eye", best wishes for a quick recovery.

20. The course was bad. I had patrol on Saturday. The 911Rdstr blasted a 253mph pass on a 256 record. Can't remember the motorcycles number, but it was around 3:30 when he pulled off a 250mph pass. A car spun at the 5 marker, right after the course change at noon. The car just keep spinning, one way then the other. So that convinced us we weren't going to run on Sunday. Kitchen sent me word yesterday the Hondata had flipped. So I'm glad to hear everything is alright.

21. sr

sr
    from Monterey

I run the "Silver Bastard" 8080, and if the course was bad for cars, imagine how it was for me!. The first run I got so dusted I had to pull the chute early. The second run was OK still early chute, due to bad dust getting in through my naca duct and just covering me into almost blindness, but they did not have the timing system working so no time! I got to run again without waiting due to the mix up, the course was so chewed up that my car again powdered up to ZERO vision. I pulled the chute and counted down and then saw the finish line by luck, went thorough the lights at 40 mph.........and then pulled out. They had to push me i didnt get to far. I was told if it was so bad to stop in the middle of the track. I was going to do that but happened to see the finish line. So I crept through.
    We have to figure out a better venting system for the super bad track days. This will not happen again. The nose went into holes of dirt and rolled up the body and into my naca duct fresh air vent.

Good to hear Brian is OK. Everyone was worried about him.
    Other than that it was an awesome meet.

22. Your in the new hot rod magazine Tim. If you didnt know already ;)

23. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Brian, who crashed, is a Rod Rider and we stopped by the hospital. He is in doing real good and hoped to leave the hospital today or tomorrow,, he was ready to leave yeasterday but was stopped by family and doctors. He his planning the replacement, do tell his wife, and get his red hat at B-Ville. He did get his dirty hat over the weekend.
    We got the Salt Circus out for its maden run. With the excellan motor that Tim built and the lending of some really good land speed rear tires from Kevin Vaughan, I was able to make a pass of 126.5. Though it sound like a slow speed, we did it with 4.86 rear gears.
    Over all and all, an excellant weekend. And a great 'movie night' in the McTim camper, you have to ask him.

24. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Best weekend we've had at ElMo in a long time even though we ran slow and only got to run twice. The accident Sunday morning did put a damper on the day but we're happy he's ok, it was gnarly! Everone was complaining about track condition? It was fine, but then again we run an old dirt bike:D. See you guys in May!
    MAZOOMA, still waiting on your pics.

25. Here's a pic of the Hondata car at the beginning of the course.

[​IMG]

and here's Tony (Typo41) waiting to leave the line. Bonneville Butch has him on hold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The "Good Time" in the McTim Alaskan was movie night featuring "Seven Second Love Affair". Eight people stuffed into a camper ment for two. Very cozy. ;)

26. Here's our best pass. You can hear the wheel spin.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Sv8u07OCFXE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

27. Pretty gnarly track

28. The Hondata car crashed right in front of us as we were at return 4 on Patrol for the SDRC. Safety items did their job!! We got to pick up pieces for about 1/8th of a mile.
    Glad he is OK.