Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

Had a '61 back in '91, one owner who was in their 60's when they bought it at Courtesy Ford in Perrine Fl. Great car! another one of the cars I wish I never let go, but then I'm sure everyone of us can say that! (times ten!)

2. 63comet

63comet

I'm going a similar direction on my Comet. Haven't gotten quite as hardcore on the suspension yet.

The six can really be built up. It costs money. There are plenty of weight and space advantages to keeping the six over the bent eight though. I'm still on the fence about keeping my 250 or swapping to a 302. I really like the way a six sounds running all out though. Current thinking is that to build real power money needs to be spent on the Classic Inlines alloy head rather than struggling with upgrading the old log. That's a chunk of money equal to buying a running V8.

If you haven't already go over to FordSix.com/forum ! More than you'll ever need to know about the old Falcon six.

3. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

true that! great bunch of people as well.

4. Ok , I'll have a poke ...

If you're not concerned with keeping the road racer clone "period Correct" ( You might be , I don't know) you might consider using the later Aussie/Kiwi OHC 6 cylinder engine . Falconizer here in this thread is using one.

These engines make good power through a wider rev range than the early
    6's which can be a little "Asthmatic" in the higher rev range.

Just something to consider , and I'm probably the wrong bloke to be giving advice anyway . I've just stuffed a 289 into Wifeys '60 Falcon :rolleyes:

5. I like where you are going with this. I have a 63 1/2 Convert with similar intentions. I am running an aluminum headed 302, T-5, triangulated 4 link with coil overs, Global West upper arms (Dropped) reinforced stock lowers with spherical bearings in the inner pivot, adjustable tension rods with a heim joint at the front. I cutout the rear fenders and used fronts on the rear.
    [​IMG]
    Also fitted a GT350 front valance
    [​IMG]

I am running 17X7 with a 235/35 on the front and 17X9 with a 255/35 on the rear. I will be switching the rears to 275's

falcongeorge likes this.
  6. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Hotroddon, love it! nice work. cool grafting the gt350 valence. I've never seen one on a falcon before.

7. Thanks - I've still got to do the oil cooler and a screen on it

8. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Sweet.....thanks for the peek!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love the GT350 treatment! I would do that, in a heartbeat, if my neighbors did not suck. They would have that bash-parked off, and on the ground, in a couple of days. :(

I have seen a version that keeps the Mustang front bumper, in the catalogs, but not in person. If it looked good, I'd consider it.

10. 63comet

63comet

I've been thinking about a valence dealio for a while too. I like the look.

One of my friends has a front bumper from a '6? Camaro that's a nice thin blade bumper and the profile looking down fits the front of the hood almost perfect. It's even narrow enough end to end. I expected it to be way wider than my car but I guess those cars were squished in at the front. Now I just have to talk him out of it. He wants to use it on his truck.

11. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

If it's too wide, you can always cut it down and weld it. Those can be had all day long for a low price since they reproduce all of the first gen Camaro bumpers .

12. Bull

Bull

I just picked up a 61 Ranchero. HiPo 289, T-5, R&C Mustang II, Maverick 8". Super fun little car! I plan to get it a little lower with 2" dropped spindles up front and a 2" block with longer U-bolts out back.

Couple questions:
    1. Whats a good/inexpensive source for the dropped spindles?
    2. Same question for the 2" block and longer u-bolts for the rear.
    3. I am trying to fit 15 or 16" wheels. Can someone clue me into some wheel specs? Sizes, backspacing? What tires sizes work? The car has 14x6 Cragar SS on it now, which I believe to be a 3-3/8" backspacing and they rub like crazy with 195/75/14.

13. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A lot of the MII kits come with drop spindles. Are you sure that you don't already have them?
    [​IMG]

14. Falcondad

Falcondad
    from Tracy CA

Check your spindles. Like gimpyshot said you might have drop spindles already. You could just cut a coil or two out of the front spring if you want to go lower. Also check out butch's hotrod stuff. He sells rear lowering block for the falcon and rancheros. I got his 3" blocks on my 60 falcon and the quality is better then I expected. But after I did his rear lowering blocks I wish I would have done a 4" block.

ROTTEN CC Tracy Ca.

15. Bull

Bull

Previous owner ordered the MII kit with stock height spindles.

16. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

How did the Taurus back seat fit? Lot of work?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Tell us about those headlights please. Look good without looking too modern.

18. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Nice!

19. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

That sucks! I've been following you on the tech thread for a while now. I feel your loss.

20. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

I never would have suspected they would look so right! Nice addition to your bird!

21. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Newest edition to the family... 62 falcon deluxe wagon! Lowering it first, this thing is way too high!!! Lots of good pics on here. Plenty of inspiration. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1384039718.675282.jpg

22. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Great score. The '62 deluxes are my favorite Falcon.

23. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Getting use out of the back. Picked up a 200 today and a mustang tank for a friend.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1384141683.581400.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1384141716.005062.jpg

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Happy days JonnieG! Enjoy it and keep it safe. I miss looking back at what ever I'm hauling around these days...

25. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

True that! And the more door Wagons are my favorite body style!

26. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Dude, that S U C K S ! ! ! ! I am so pissed for you. I try to keep my cars off the street for that reason. Worst story ever.

27. Stingraystripes65

Stingraystripes65
    from NWI

Where can I get interior for a 65 falcon sprint? Door panels, seat covers, carpet things like that? Thanks!

No brains, no headaches -Ed Roth

28. nickleone

nickleone

If I could have found a later '78-'79, I think they have the intermittent control, and I'd have gone that route, but none in the yard that weren't robbed already.[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong but I have found the intermittent module that plugs into the switch(its been 10 years) to give you intermittent.
    Look around you might find one.

Nick

29. Falcondad

Falcondad
    from Tracy CA

Mac falcon parts or Dearborn classics sells them. You can get a whole interior kit or buy separately.

ROTTEN CC Tracy Ca.

30. Locoxp

Locoxp

I really like this... Think it was a 347 Windsor from memory it idled whisper quiet!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1384573474.755481.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1384573504.352070.jpg