Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HAMB Friendly Cars at SEMA?? Hmm...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom davison, Nov 7, 2013.

1. daddio211

daddio211

Regarding the streamliner and who owns it, I just went through my SEMA bag and pulled this out. Scanned it for you, everyone feel free to make a donation as it the first the first "crowd funded" Bonneville car.

Attached Files:

2. alchemy

alchemy

Are you sure this is the real car? A few posts down there is a view from the back that shows '39 LZ taillights on it. Why would Bugatti use Ford taillights?

3. 80WTI

80WTI

Thanks for posting some pics, it didn't look to be to crowded this year.

4. That is because SEMA is first and foremost a TRADE Show, NOT a Car Show. It is a place where manufacturers come to do business and show their products to their distributors so they can sell them to the public. This was my 39th year and I can tell you that in the earlier days, there were no "outdoor" show cars, no circus in the parking lot, and very few cars inside compared to today. Since these days so many Non Industry people have found a way to get it, usually through a buddy who owns some small shop or even just making up a shop name for the application, the "Show" part of it has gained in popularity - but it has made it much tougher to do business with your major distributors due to all the guys wanting to know "What do you have for MY car? Instead of how can I sell and distribute your products." ;)

5. As a manufacturer, I can tell you that most of us felt this was the best attended show in probably the past 10 years.

6. snaptwo

snaptwo

Right on Hotroddon ! I remember going to a manufacturers show in LA in the early 60s , there weren't 30 exibitors in the whole place. Look at it now !

7. Racewriter

Racewriter

No doubt. That does get to be a pain in the ass. Can't these people read a damn catalog? One of my key vendors was tied up for an HOUR with a guy who wanted him to design a system for the car he's building on the spot.

8. Racewriter

Racewriter

It definitely was in the last four - those are my frame of reference.

9. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

The pics I took didn't show much of a crowd because it got there as soon as the doors opened and ran around taking pictures. By 11:00 it was just too crowded for pictures. By a1 or 2 pm it was wall to wall people in the aisles.

10. 80WTI

80WTI

That's good to see the industry getting bigger all the time, i went last year and it was packed. I can't wait to attend it again next year, alot of new ideas always popping up.

11. Tom davison - As usual, great pics! :cool: ... Thanks for sharing!

12. daddio211 -

Thanks for sharing your pics! :cool:

FYI ... There's more pics & info on the Fuller streamliner in these TJJ Blogs / HAMB threads:

* Kent Fuller needs some Photoshop help thread (January 2007)
    * Kent Fuller Wants You! Blog (January 2007)
    * Kent Fuller Top Fueler Recreated hi-jacked thread (May 2012)
    * Kent Fuller's streamliner in SoCal thread (November 2012)
    * Kent Fuller Streamliner thread (March 2013)
    * Kent Fuller’s Quest Blog (March 2013)
    * Kent Fuller’s Quest thread (March 2013)

13. Lobucrod -

Thanks for sharing your "HAMB Friendly" pics! :cool:

Let's hope your "non-HAMB-Friendly" pics don't get this thread shutdown :(

14. wicarnut

wicarnut

Great Pics! John

15. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

As it sits, this isn't very HAMB friendly, but imagine it in metallic blue or green, with a 283, four-speed, and skinny whitewalls on Raidirs...

I wanted to do something like this, once upon a time (before I bought a Falcon), using a G-body chassis and a Corvair body.

16. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

As always Tom, thanks for the beautiful photography. Stu

17. ownster

ownster

Do want! :D:D:D

Attached Files:

18. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Thanks all for the nice words on the shots. It's a difficult environment in which to shoot.

The intent was to keep it as HAMB-friendly as possible. I respect Ryan's guidelines, although I stray "just a little" sometimes. But my subjects will always have "hot rod attitude".

19. As always,I enjoy your photos Tom.:) HRP

20. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

THANK YOU! If "The Founders Of Hot Rodding"had not used the latest go-fast innovations "back in the day", well, there wouldn't be any hot rodding today. If you're not into some improvements - you're not a hot rodder, your just a restorer.