Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trip to SoCal.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59KUSTOM, Nov 6, 2013.

1. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

I'll be in SoCal on vacation from 11/12-11/19. Anyone got any suggestions on places to visit & activities? I'll be stopping at Masterson's & hitting The Broiler. I'd love to hit a swap meet.
    Thanks,
    Rick

2. Weasel

Weasel

3. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Thanks, Weasel!

4. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

You can always come over and take me out to lunch

5. You need to fire your travel agency! Twilight cruise tonight @ NHRA Museum, NHRA World Finals in Pomona this weekend, Long Beach Swap meet Sunday, temps in the low-mid 80's.

6. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

UGH! I'm my travel agency. I usually come out this week, but I couldn't this year.

7. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

dreracecar, where are you? Do you have a shop?

8. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

9. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Two day meet at El Mirage this weekend.

10. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Check out the Peterson Museum.

11. Bob's Big Boy Toluca Lake/Burbank on Friday night (6PM on.....) is usually pretty happening when the weather's as nice as it's been

12. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Is the Picker's Paradise Swap Meet in Buena Park worth a look?

13. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Nethercutt is a must, they have two museums across the street from each other and one might need a reservation. Contact them for info. Petersen is always cool and I always try to get one dinner at Lawrys the best prime rib on the planet. I'll be there Nov 14-21. I too am looking for other things to see but I get to go out there once or twice a year to visit my son and we take in some cool places. This trip we will see the QE2

14. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

no !!!

15. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

[QUOTE=Bert Kollar;9340492" I always try to get one dinner at Lawrys the best prime rib on the planet".
    this is true. it's worth it to come out only for that. or damons in glendale has a great steak and atmophere.

16. chuckawu

chuckawu
    from london

I usually come out this week, but I couldn't this year.[​IMG]

17. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

For great seafood try Dukes in Malibu excellent food and view if you get a window seat The Super Cruise on Sunday morning is fun and Donuts Derelict in Huntington Beach on Saturday morning is a great cruise so is the Bobs Big Boy in Burbank. Take time to cruise through some canyons and drive Mulholland beautiful views also jump on the PCH in Santa Monica and drive PCH North at least up to Oxnard and farther if you have time the drive all the way up to Carmel is incredible. A great place for breakfast is Pollys in Redondo beach and the Terrace in Venice is a good lunch spot. Cruise the Beverly Hills area, some incredible scenery there also close to the Peterson museum and that is well worth your time. Enjoy SoCal is a fun place.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Know when the traffic on the freeways is heavy and plan your trip accordingly. That's the best .02 advice I can give. If you just come down here to sit in traffic for 3 hours at a time, you'll have no fun.

19. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

I suppose I should clarify. This is my 4th trip to SoCal in 3 years. I'm not a newbie, but there is so much cool stuff out there, it seems everytime I ask, people come up with great suggestions I didn't know about. I'm a die-hard Kustom guy & a Tikiphile. Thanks, for your suggestions, so far & keep 'em coming.
    Rick

20. Autodave

Autodave
    from Menifee,Ca

21. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Yes I have a race shop restoring vintage dragsters in Gardena
    lunch time is around 1:00 with Arias and Isky at the burger joint

22. Don the Beachcomber's in Sunset Beach is a tiki fan must. Good music on the weekends, too.

23. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Thanks' everybody. Chili Phil, I'll be at Don's on 11/16 & 11/18. Are there spectators allowed at the hill climb?