Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pictures of strombergs with sp tops?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PeteMattersen, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Looking for good pictures of stromberg 97s with sp top air horns. I see a few pics around but not many of carbs fully assembled with them. Let's see what you have, thanks.

2. Tim333

Tim333

What are sp top air horns? Sp top?

3. Scott tops. Aftermarket Stromberg tops.

4. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. "SP" dates back to the 50's. Walt Knudsen's business was named Speed Products. He cast various speed parts for flatheads. The SP tops came from his patterns. The repops available today are copied from an SP top by Gene Scott. Hence the name "Scott Top" has no connection to the original Scott top with the tubular intake arrangement manufactured by Scott Engineering.

6. Thanks dean, looking for close up pictures of sp tops in use, tons of pics online of them mocked up... but I am looking for close up pictures of in use ones.

7. Find a picture of the engine in Roth's Beatnik Bandit. It used two 97's with SP Tops on the blower.

8. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Here's mine on my comp Coupe,,, Tim Jones

Attached Files: