Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where They Raced Screenings & Events

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HarryPallenberg, Nov 9, 2013.

1. HarryPallenberg

HarryPallenberg

Just a heads up that we'll be having our big screen premiere this SUNDAY at 7PM at the Westlake Valley Twin Theater... Info and advanced tickets here http://www.worldclassmotoring.com/movie or you can buy tickets at the door.

There is also a story about how the whole project started along with a bunch of photos over at LA Car http://www.lacar.com/?p=17258

Then on Nov. 16th we'll be at Auto-Aero Books form 10AM to 2PM

Nov. 22nd - Dec. 1st we'll be at L.A. Auto Show, Booth K-733 Kentia Hall

And you should always listen to The Car Show on KPFK Sat. mornings at 9AM.

[​IMG]

2. HarryPallenberg

HarryPallenberg

Tickets available at the door for anyone close enough to Westlake Village Twin Theater... 7PM TONIGHT!

Also - now confirmed that we'll have a 1911 National (below) at our LA Auto Show Booth K-733! This car ran at Indy in 1911 and at the Santa Monica Road Races 1913 - 1916. Photo from Track Thoughts web site.
    http://trackthoughts.com/portfolio-items/2012-shmf-gp1/

[​IMG]

3. HarryPallenberg

HarryPallenberg

Early reviews are in...

"You will not find a more complete perspective on the historic Southern California racing scene." - Mark Vaughn, AUTOWEEK

"Anyone living in Southern California, really should see this film. It’s a real eye-opener about an amazing era in this car-centric town…" - Dave Kunz, KABC TV & The Car Show on KPFK

"it just pours off the screen.... it's really something very special.... I thank you from the center of my soul" - Jeff Baugh, KNX 1070

"a wonderful job... enthusiastic and authentic... one of those items that all true racing fans should have alongside Osmer's book." - LA Car

"The venues came to life just as if I was there back in the day." - Art Gould, The Car Show on KPFK

Get your DVD at www.wheretheyraced.com and make sure you join us for these exciting events:

• Nov. 16th 10:00AM to 2:00PM Harold and I will be at Auto-Aero Books to screen a few clips and talk about the project. Stop in and ask us some questions.

You should already be listening to The Car Show on KPFK 90.7 every Saturday from 9:00 to 10:00 AM. Dave and Art will be having us on this Saturday before the AutoBooks event.

• Nov. 22nd through Dec. 1st Los Angeles Auto Show make sure you stop by our booth K-733 in Kentia Hall and get a photo with Brian Blain's 1911 National which ran at INDY and in the Santa Monica Road Races over 100 years ago!

Finally, in honor of last weeks SEMA, NHRA and SCTA events I've posted a new bonus clip. This one features Vic Edelbrock Jr. talking about the birth of NASCAR and some sweet aftermarket parts.

Finally, making this film has been a long labor of love which was only possible by the many kind donations of money, time, cars, archival materials and knowledge. So please help us out and forward this email along to all your gear-head friends, like us on Facebook, share the news and buy an extra DVD or t-shirt for that perfect gift!

4. HarryPallenberg

HarryPallenberg