Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Best 1955 Cadillac build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VonBurke, Jan 26, 2009.

1. bryan6902

bryan6902

Rough start! Right there with you on the snow front! My luck is worse than yours... Trans barfed on the Pontiac yesterday and then I dropped it off the stands pulling the trans. So its off to the body shop when the trans gets back...

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Awww man...what a shame now that you got it painted and looking cool...but about the only thing you can say is "shit happens...!!!" You'll have it back together in no time...

R-

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

JUNE UPDATE...!!!

Well, the Caddy got back on the road just a few weeks after the "gas tank incident"...got it cleaned out and resealed...guess it's good for another 5-7 years...!!!

Also changed out the carbinator-put on an Ed LeBrock 750 cfm...the guys at Cad performance told me the Quadrasick was the best carb for the engine...but I have to disagree with them...could only get 9 mpg with it on the way to Kansas in May...I NEED better mileage than that...!!! It's hard to go rod running across the US at only 150 miles to a tank of gas...way too expensive. Right after I got the tank back in I drove to Loveland for the GoodGuy's show...that's 75 miles one way from my garage. I filled the tank and headed out...made the round trip on 14.5 gallons (150 miles=10 mpg) -not very good.

So, I got a brand new 750CFm and the Ed LeBrock adapter kit...took only an hour to put it on, on a Thursday, including modifying the cable foot feed. Fired it up after I tightened the last hose clamp and it idled fine right out of the box...and I'm not a carb guy...!!!

Anyway, we (Dan and I) went to a local show on Saturday, only 45 miles south of home and it appears that carb has increased the mileage already. The only way I'm going to check it for sure is to take a longer trip...and the Pueblo NSRA Nats is this weekend...that's 120 miles south of here...

While we were at the small show, the guy that painted my car told me he'd have some models there and wanted to use my Caddy for his new calendar and would I mind...uhm...not at all...as long as they don't lay on the car...!!! He told me not to worry about that as he'd take care of polishing it again.

[​IMG]
    Anyway, he had six models lined up...here's the first of the three I liked...

This gal was such a cutey...

[​IMG]

I'm not into tattoos much, but this one could sure help change my mind...

[​IMG]

You can see the other models in the background...my brother Dan shot these pix...of course, the models emptied the bar across the street as this show was on Main Street of the small town...287 cars showed up for this one. Not bad for a small town...

R-

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    Stogy likes this.
  4. They emptied the bar with these models? Hell yeah, that'd work. Wanna see more (of your car, of course)

5. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Did you give those gals my number? I mean to use them to model in a shoot of course... :)

6. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

Love the Caddy, and the gals ain't bad either.

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Travis, I fumbled in my billfold looking for your card cuz I KNEW they were right for you...but I must've removed it after we attempted to get to the SK500...sorry...!!!

Thanx Big Hugh ness and Loco Breath...

R-

8. KillerKustom

KillerKustom

9. The build was Awesome to see. Details of the post is well documented and now Models and shows, it don't get much better.
    Great build

10. Ive said this many times before, But I will say this again: I LOVE YOUR CADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. I need that girl in the second photo's number. wow, what a sweetheart! anyway, love how these caddies came out. good job guys.

12. PandorasBox99

PandorasBox99

now thats good stuff

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Can't help any of you guys with any of the gal's phone numbers, not one of them offered their phone number to a dirty old man.

[​IMG]

Anyway, for those of you that enjoyed this thread and the fact that the Cadillac is driven, and if you haven't seen my thread about our trip to Canada in late July of 2013, and putting 4,552 trouble free miles on both Cadillacs (my brother's '54 and my '55), then clik on this link to read it: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...hlight=events+4552+miles+two+weeks+three+days

R-

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  14. Uteslider

Uteslider

Well, just finished reading this thread, and I don't really have the words to describe it. I love what you've done with the car, but more than that, I love that it gets used when most people would just sit it in the shed. Very impressed and you've really motivated me to get stuck into my own build again. Well done.

15. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx Uteslider...I never could understand why anyone would build a car and not use it instead of sitting "it in the shed"...I build my cars to drive, to use AND enjoy the fruits of my labor...all my cars are intended for that...!!!

Speaking of driving, just got this link e-mailed to me...it's about our (driving...!!!) trip to Canada, check it out if you can: http://www.rodauthority.com/event-c...rene-nw-tour-1st-western-canada-power-cruise/

R-

16. old me

old me
    from Iowa

Finally got around to looking through my new issue of Hot Rod Magazine, and what did I find on page 96-one of my favorite Caddys!

Once again, great job on your build!

17. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx old me, appreciate it...!!!

R-

18. Congrats on the Hot Rod spread Roger!!! A real dream come true I'm sure!!!

Well deserved!!!

Bill

19. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx Bill, certainly appreciate the compliment...I'm finding out more people STILL read Hot Rod than I figured...

R-

20. portabull

portabull

could you please tell me where to source this vinyl masking? stuff i find online is .035" thick, from the picture, it doesn't look like what you used is nearly that thick. thanks, cliff
    p.s. i learned another neat trick from your thread - using heater hose on your shutz gun for shooting
    lizard skin.