Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sunday Models 11-10-2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wojojo, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Did a search and couldn't find anything for today so I guess I'll start one. Been working on repairing/rebuilding some of my oldies I found in storage.
    I posted some of them awhile ago.
    I finally finished the bodywork on the short 61 Chevy pickup and decided on a color for it.
    [​IMG]

I had to make a windshield from clear plastic and I was using masking tape to hold it in place while the adhesive dried. Walking past my workbench I saw something that made me think "Hey, it looks like something from "Cars".
    Grabbed my hole punch and some black paper and came up with this:
    [​IMG]

:D

'59 Impala as I found it
    [​IMG]

One of the tailpipes was missing so I fabricated some from aluminum tubing. Also added some lakes plugs from a 1:64 scale "Muscle Machines" car and some Cali license plates.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  2. fat141

fat141

Well, the Impala looks good LOL
    Good idea with the lakes plugs
    Rod

3. 30FordNerd

30FordNerd

No new stuff from me this week just uploaded more photos to my album.

4. Hey, I like that shorty p/u! Very unique.

5. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Nice customs there at the top....And thanks for starting.

6. rc57

rc57

A little to go on this one yet, but close enough to show.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Deuces

Deuces

Anyone buy the new 62 Vette gasser kit from Revell????....

8. scrubba

scrubba

I'll have a Randy's Do Nut update NEXT week................... scrubba

Deuces, Yes, I have one of the 62 Corvettes . I haven't built it . I can only say it's LIGHT years ahead of the A M T annual

9. tmwracing

tmwracing
    from Ohio

Here's a Charger Funny Car I built last winter. The body was an unpainted resin I bought off e-bay, the chassis is from the 'Plum Crazy' 1957 Chevy kit. The body is 1/25th scale and the chassis 1/24th, but they seem to go together and looks cool.

Attached Files:

10. Deuces

Deuces

Thanks Scrubbs.... I have the 62 Corvette Roadster kit, and still looking for the gasser version of the same kit.. I'll try later today after I make a few calls....

11. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

The new '62 Vette from Revell is killer. Lots of great parts that are going to be kitbashing fodder for years to come.The rolling stock looks to be carried over from the '41 Willys gasser kits, but I may be wrong. I promised I wouldn't start on it until I finished a couple of stalled projects, but it's siren song is strong.

12. Deuces

Deuces

Wish I could post both pics of the kits...
    Kinda hard to do with a cheesy cell phone..:rolleyes:

13. themodelking

themodelking

i have not started a new project .. moving soon .. when to the long island model car show sat ,, won first place big scale [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Deuces

Deuces

Looks great..:)

15. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Hey Guys ! Great work again today . Here is my AMT '32 .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Also Model of the month on Drastic Plastic Model forum !
    Nicely done!!!!!

17. themodelking

themodelking

18. froghawk

froghawk

Modelking, that A looks terrific! Wojo, nice work sprucing up those survivors! RC57, the '34 looks great - has an all-business look to it. Ford Freak, nice "box art" build on AMT's classic Deuce roadster.

Here's an AMT Deuce I did a few years ago combining early and later issue parts with other stuff from the parts box with a modified original top. Flames are painted. In these shots you can really see AMT's inaccurate body with the crazy wedge section – still love this simple old kit, though!...

Attached Files:

19. gbk

gbk

Haven't been on here in a while. I just finished this Revell '41 Willys Street Rod with a back-dated vibe to it, 'though the big meats are still there. The rear wheels aren't glued in place so I'm thinking of making up a second set of 60's era rears to see how it looks. The motor is backdated some but from the kit. The chassis ... well I'm not showing it...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. scrubba

scrubba

If I could vote on a favorite this week , it goes to the very period 1932 Ford roadster and the original A M T Box !!!!!!!!!!! Damn , that's automatically a winna in my book . scrubba

21. fordcpe

fordcpe

What kit was this made from monogram amt ?

22. Deuces

Deuces

Looks like its from an AMT kit.......

23. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Thanks scrubba ! They are all winners here today in my book . I wish I could paint like froghawk - love your '32 ! Deuces - where have you been ? Welcome back ! Have you no models you can show us some Sunday ? Nice work from everybody again today . :)

24. rc57

rc57

It was from an AMT hotrod 3pk with '40 ford panel,34 ford 5 window,37 Chevy ragtop. AMT#6686 should be the same. Kit has IFS and Vette rear so change to what you want or live with it. Wheels and caps are '40 Ford, big & little tires are from my parts box. Rears are actually Racemaster Dragster slicks.

Attached Files:

• $_57.jpg
      $_57.jpg
      File size:
      396.2 KB
      Views:
  25. fat141

fat141

Sure looks the business mate :)
    Rod

26. fat141

fat141

Congratulations mate

[​IMG][/QUOTE]:cool:

27. My two 1/8th Scale 1932 Ford Chassis have been primered with flat black. One frame, molded in yellow, is brand new and the other one, which was painted gloss yellow in 1983, is a rebuild of a 35 year old kit.

I test fitted the new Revell/Monogram Ford Flathead engine in the newly built frame. I discovered that the timing cover/water pumps piece will not allow the engine to correctly fit on the frame as is. The piece has to be cut down under the motor mounts. The engine will not mount in the frame without modifying this piece.

I hope to have more done by next week.

Attached Files:

28. Scrubba has posted on the model thread every sunday going back a few months at least.

29. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Yes , I know Scrubba has been here every week . I was referring to " Deuces " , who posts on here occasionally . I can see how one could get confused , since we were talking about '32's !

30. Okay. I see now. Sorry about the mix up. TM