Register now to get rid of these ads!

2014 DETROIT AUTORAMA...Goin',Show'n ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hapydz, Mar 11, 2013.

1. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

C'mon fellas, your supposed to be traditional. Move from the Autorama, not many shows out there more steeped with tradition than the Detroit Autorama. Sheesh, some peoples kids...

2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Totally agree. Few shows are more traditional than the Autorama. Just being a part of it should be an honor.

Want traditional? Here's a photo of my buds Billy (Slowandlow63), Russ (Hellcat666), Mike Alexander and I from a few years ago. Doesn't get much better than that.

[​IMG]

3. derbydad276

derbydad276

the ( Ridler ) award cars are out of control and no longer (traditional)

neither is the tirestore display with 24 inch spinners

the autorama moved from the fairgrounds to cobo

but wouldn't it be cool if a whole show was traditional type cars

Sins of Steel/billetproof/Detroit Dragway Reunion / Panty Raid /MidnightMass rolled into ( one ) but indoors in the middle of winter with Cool Music!

with live action car builds challenge foose to take on winfield

4. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

If it kills me.

The Cadillac might not look MUCH different, but with a little bit better stance, tires & noise.

5. Derbydad - sounds like the seeds of a new show / event.

Is there an actual movement to get a new event for 2014 in Novi or is this an attempt to gauge interest to get something underway? I think it would be a welcome addition.

6. BRENT

BRENT

I will be there again next year, may even bring a car. I know for sure I will be going solo, brought the wife and after only 3 hours I started to get the look.

7. Right on brother......it's great to be able to mix with those legend's.....here's one of my brushes with the other half of the Alexander brothers (Larry...RIP) from 2004.....I still get a kick out of it.

Attached Files:

8. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

The Ridler cars were never traditional. They're also a very small percentage of the show.

I'm all for an all traditional show as an entirely separate event, just don't down play the Detroit Autorama and it's history.

9. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Exactly what I'm talking about. I've met Gene, Norm Grabowski, the Alexander brothers, Bill Hines, George Barris (unfortunately not Sam) and soo many other legends there. Not to mention regular guys and tomorrows legends. That place will always mean a lot to me.

10. derbydad276

derbydad276

I have a question ....
    why does traditional stop at 1964?
    Im not saying bring in the muscle cars but...
    but 67 galaxies have some great lines so do 2+2 Pontiacs built after 64

11. Thanks Rudy and Dennis for all the work you do that makes it great! I know it's the cars that draws us there but meeting old friends and making new ones is what is so special for us. It's the stuff dreams are made of !!! I can't begin to describe this happening to friends when I come back home and all I can do is try to encourage them to make the trip and experience it for themselves. Even to see the flame throwers at Cobo Joes. (Sure couldn't get away with that in Ontario...LOL):eek:
    Rudy, would you please let me know, when you find out, what the dates are for next years show ? We have to make some appointments in London that coincide with the show.
    If my '39 is redone in time, I will try to get her there...down on the main floor, of course..:D
    Thanks again,Ron

Attached Files:

12. I read on Facebook that the dates for 2014 are the 7,8 & 9 of March. Can anyone confirm this ?
    Ron

Attached Files:

13. Attached Files:

14. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

I'm in again this year with another brand new ride, my 1955 packard custom clipper!

george

15. Attached Files:

16. Plane tickets already booked for the BIG show . No car this year, darn !!!
    Ron

Attached Files:

17. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Room is booked!:)

18. ...Been goin' for 40 years...I'll be there for sure...

19. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Never been in the ahhhh main floor before.........
    Hopefully they will let me in with something very different
    and very very very loud............
    [​IMG]

20. flathead4d

flathead4d

If it's the one in the picture, I can hear it allready. LOL I'm planning on being there.

21. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

22. I was at the first one and I was at the last one, and many in between. I will be there again this year.

23. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

Ill be there along with my club The Lost Kustoms cc and a few other clubs booked rooms yesterday . Hoping on bringing 9 or 10 cars again this year.

24. Last year was my first year going - will definitely be going again in '14.

25. Just got the confirmation for the hotel room. I think we are all set for another great time at Cobo...:)
    Ron

Attached Files:

26. A cold winter's day in Thunder Bay, trying to get away from this computer and into the shop to do something productive and I noticed this cool plaque sitting on the desk and my thoughts take me back to Detroit, Ahhhhhhh :)
    Ron

Attached Files:

• PL1.jpg
      PL1.jpg
      File size:
      193.1 KB
      Views:
  27. I'm trying to find out if I've missed registration dead line for the basement...hopefully there's still a small spot left to squeeze my topolino in there...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. Hotel booked and plans are to be there again this year. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. Hey Kid...Did you get this resolved ? I hope so !
    Ron