Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941 Ford...underappreciated?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BeatnikPirate, Feb 17, 2010.

1. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Great stance mbrede. I'll guess air ride? I'd say loose the WW & go black for a more sinister look.

2. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Great stance! I like the WWs a lot.

3. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

In 1958 I bought my first car for $15.00.....................a '41 Ford.

4. mbrede

mbrede
    from Minnesota

No Air Ride....you guys may roast me over this, but...it sits on a S10 frame. 3" lowering springs/shocks and 2.5" blocks in the rear....stock springs, 2" dropped spindles/shocks in front. Had to shorten frame by 5", C notch rear, and pinch in the front rails a bit, but it rides, drives, steers, and stops like a dream.

5. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

No shame in a comfy ride here ... I'm traditional but ... have an open mind when it comes to each & everyones own vehicle & upgrades.

Leave the WW's now!

Still looks great to me.

6. phat rat

phat rat

7. FarmRod

FarmRod

Right after a wash! still wet. was my grandfathers 41 that has continued its life and transformation from a 400 dollar junk yard body with years of swapmeets finding it part by part! getting a set of new shoes this week..700-16 firestone white walls in rear and 600-16 up front! ill post when there on.

Attached Files:

• 41-2.jpg
      41-2.jpg
      File size:
      505.1 KB
      Views:
    • 41.jpg
      41.jpg
      File size:
      421.2 KB
      Views:
  8. FarmRod

FarmRod

Every time I cruise this to a show someone comes up to me to ask..It may be overlooked because of its older brother but thats why people notice, Its different!

9. rodl

rodl

10. ne'erdowell

ne'erdowell

That's a great looking car! The fact that it was your grandfather's puts the icing on the cake.

11. FarmRod

FarmRod

ne'erdowell--Thanks, ya it makes it worth the searching and time! he was a collector of 41's had a convertable and a buisness coupe that barris chopped 6" way back when.

Rodl-Thanks you as well! gold coast is where its at, lived in Perth for a bit

LETS SEE MORE 41'S!!!!!!

12. 1941 seems to be an AMAZING year of styling, not only for Ford, but for all car makes and models. Not only that, but if i'm not mistaken it's also when the first automatic transmissions became available.

13. FarmRod

FarmRod

Hambers- have any of you ever seen a stainless dash insert for the 41 to replace the plastic insert?

Attached Files:

14. ne'erdowell

ne'erdowell

I was able to find one that is cast, I think it's pot metal. The plan is to get it chromed.

15. FarmRod

FarmRod

Ya this is my dash, but cant find anything about who made them and when..Mine is stainless..any info would be great!

16. Western auto, Eastern auto, Warshawskys etc used to sell the chrome dash dress up parts for the 41 dash. They had 2 styles, 1 w/ clock and 1 w/out. I looked for along time for one to replace my missing plastic. the only ones I've seen in person were already on cars, one being a 50's survivor. Al Drake's book shows the pieces you are asking about in an old eastern auto ad.
    Matt

17. FarmRod

FarmRod

46fatford-thanks for the info!!

18. thunderplex

thunderplex

Bttt

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

:cool:I have one on my Coupe, I was told it was an aftermarket part that was from JC Whitney Catalog? I have had guys try to trade me theirs. No way I think it looks good on my dash! The car could be yours, check out my 41 Coupe Photo Album 25k

20. hutchman

hutchman

Bumping this back to the top for some opinions. Always wanted a 41 and this one is coming home with me on Saturday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It needs some work with the stance and perhaps the wheel/tire combo. It appears to be a decent driver with some non Hamb friendly interior additions. They can be dealt with easily I think and it does have the correct engine.

[​IMG]

Any thoughts on the wheel and tire issue? I do like a hot rod rather than a custom, so the front will be dropped lower than the rear. Do the wheels work on a 60s type hot rod or not.....?

Thanks for the input!

21. fordflambe

fordflambe

People so much identify with the 'chipmunk' look of the front of the 41'. I have had so many discussions (and some heated) as to whether or not my delivery is actually a 41'. I have become fond of the 41's and 42's both............

Attached Files:

22. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

This is mine on the Hamb Classifieds, check it out:cool:

Attached Files:

23. phat rat

phat rat

I'd seen that on Craigslist and wondered how long before someone stepped up. That's a decent looking car. Sure it needs to be dropped some but don't go crazy and make it look like it has broken springs. The 5 spokes IMHO look fine. I would change the back bumper and get rid of the guard on the front bumper.

24. mbrede

mbrede
    from Minnesota

I agree, ditch the current bumpers and look for something better suited for your style. Tires look a bit on "meaty" side for my liking. Slip er down 3-4" all the way around.

25. Bill in Al

Bill in Al

Maybe has a late model flatie.

26. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

wheel/tire combo and STANCE plays a huge role in making a car look "right". Have fun with it.

27. sawzall

sawzall

I have one thats rechromed pot metal..
    dont know who made it.. but the previous owner paid lots to have it re chromed.

28. Oh, my my

Oh, hell yes

29. hutchman

hutchman

Well, back home with my money in my pocket. The car was not as represented and needed some serious body work on the roof and passenger rear quarter..... The search continues.