Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are winters and frankland q/c rearends the same?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willbierfarms, Nov 8, 2013.

1. willbierfarms

willbierfarms
    from palmyra mo

I just bought a winter's quick change off of eBay. It looks identical to the frankland under my dads track roadster. And when I try to find winters on the web I don't find much. It was a good deal and will be a great fit for my banger

2. Winters are out of York, Pa. and I'm not sure Frankland is still in business or not. I think they went through a couple of owners over the yrs.

3. There is an excellent write-up in the Nov. 2013 issue of NSRA Street Scene about Winter's if you have access to a copy. They started out as a transmission shop many yrs. ago and still support the aftermarket in a big way. You shouldn't have any problem if you need parts for your QC going forward....................Don.

4. willbierfarms

willbierfarms
    from palmyra mo

Frankland is still around I called them yesterday. But I can't find any info on winters. I want to overhaul the one I bought and was wanting to find gaskets bearings and seals

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. 333tinman

333tinman
    from MASS.

6. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

We are a Winters dealer if you need help.....please phone

Tony

7. There you go, the power of the HAMB.:D

8. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Most everything on a Winters Sprint or H.D. will interchange with a Frankland. The Sprint uses a 10 bolt rear cover and the H.D. uses a 6 bolt like the Frankland.

There are no original gaskets used on either, but there is an aftermarket rear cover gasket that will fit both.

Seals, bearings etc. are the same. (Two different rear cover bearings on Winters but you will be able to see which one you need from about a block away.)

Do yourself a favor and replace the pinion nose bearing with a roller if it hasn't already been done.

9. jkeesey

jkeesey

From what I was told by the dirt track boys Frankland sold to Winters.