Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects "Dust Bowl Special"

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Bugsy, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Thanks, Fellas!! Much appreciated!! It's coming together little by little. I have some big plans for it this winter so we'll see what happens.

I did finally get the Whippet shell and radiator on. It still needs to be plumbed right but I like the looks of it so far. I was doing some ignition work to it tonight and ended up messing around and setting the 28-29 A hood top on it. It basically will fit the contour of the T body but will take some bending on both ends to get it right but I think it'll look good once I get it fit 100% correct. It'll sit about 1.5 inches lower once it's contoured correctly to the shell. Also, I was finally able to get the grille itself to sit a bit lower than the cowl and it looks much better than it did the first time I had it all mounted. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hells yes Bugs! Looks great!

3. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

This keeps getting better and better!

Nice work, you have a good eye,

ob

4. powerwagonmaniac1

powerwagonmaniac1
    from Aloha, OR

Bugsy, love changes you have made! That whippet radiator looks great lot better then the A one for sure.

5. Good to see this thread back up top.
    Love this car and how it's evolving!

6. NoSurf

NoSurf

I wanna see a new video of you boppin up and down the alley....

7. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Thanks, Bro!

I appreciate that! I can't take all of the credit though. I've always had an idea in my head as to what I want it to ultimately be like but I have had some screwy ideas along the way. Guys like NoSurf and MrModelT and many others have helped keep me in check and on track with it as I go. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Thanks, Man...I know you like rat rods like this!:D

I didn't realize how big the 28-29 radiator looked on it until I got this one on! It's been a long time in the making but it's finally getting there!

Thanks, Bud!! Speaking of evolving...I came across this pic last night. This is where the body came from. I sold off the T chassis and wheels to a fella up in Canada who got it all running too!

[​IMG]

I don't have any video but I did back it out and shoot these two pics this morning. I realized that all of my latest pics were in the dark garage and you can't really see it in all of it's rusty glory!! You can really see the difference that the new headlights and grille make in the look of the front end. I'm pretty happy so far!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 117harv

117harv

Well done, thanks for the eye candy, the last pic is my favorite:)

9. NoSurf

NoSurf

10. olskool34

olskool34

Just keeps getting better, love it!

11. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Looks great! Just set my Desktop Background to the latest pic for a little inspiration.

12. Agreed! Oh man, I've got to get started in mine soon or I'm going to explode! Kapooyah!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App Sucka!!!

13. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Thanks, fellas for the kind words. It's funny to me how this little POS has slowly come together. It's also funny to me how much more I want to do to it!! I have been bummed out about winter coming but I realized last night that it'll give me some good time to get a chunk of the "to-do" list knocked out!!

Cactus Mike....get your ass in gear!! The pasture racing is officially on at Jay's place this spring!!!

14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Well then I call shotgun! Now cactus has to have his own car! Haha

Posted using My Dick Tracy watch and the full custom HAMB app

15. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Now we just need a really tall ladder or a deer stand to film the banger action from

16. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

You got it, Bro!!!

There's a tree in front of Jay's house that's next to the pasture that will be the track....you can just climb up there! Or go up in the barn loft!

17. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

I wish I could come and play....
    So much cool shit to do but so little time and money

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Perfect :)

20. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

21. Maybe you can buff out that old blue paint this winter, eh?
    The new lights look much better.

22. MrModelT

MrModelT

Bugsy,

Been meaning to get this done.....sorry for making you wait so long. Here is the design work for your top thus far:

[​IMG]

Let me know what you think. The red lines are dimensions and angles we will need to build the top for real.

23. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Thanks, Bro! Your '27 has always been one of my favorite from the first time I saw it in Magneto. Wish I could have seen it in person when you guys stopped over at Jay's place on the Bonneville trip!

Rocky....If I buff it too much, I won't have a body left on it!!!

Clayton....thanks for that!!! I will get the measurements to you as soon as I can. I can't wait to get a top on her!!! (Man......that's funny...I usually would say the opposite!! )

24. You scored 10/10 from me with the radiator/shell and light switch up,it really works. The pasture racing sounds cool too. JW :)

25. panthershaun

panthershaun
    from Kent UK

top ride sir, Bugsy The Dust Bowl Special is exactly the style of build I want for my T coupe.. inspiration indeed...:cool:

26. Kume

Kume

Hey Bugsy
    Looks like you have that Whippet radiator well sorted. I struggling to get my 1928 Model A bonnet to work and was wondering if you have worked yours out. I know Clayton got his to work but hes running a model T radiator. I am thinking I may have to build one from scratch.
    Kume

Attached Files:

27. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Jason, the Whippet rad looks rad! And the hood is gonna look awesome. Great evolution.

28. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Shaun...I appreciate that. I'm really interested in seeing your coupe come together. You have some good ideas and it's going to be a fun project for sure!

Kume...I don't have the hood top worked out yet. I do think with a bit of bending though, it will work, The hood sides though wouldn't without some major manipulation. If I end up running sides at some point, I will just fab up new ones. I'll keep you posted though as to what needs to happen to get the hood top to work.

Mark,
    Thanks Bro!! I have a huge list of things that I want to do to the car yet but I just picked up another "project" last week that has been taking up some time. A thread on it coming soon!!! :D

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014