Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. 1fastmf

1fastmf
    from Georgia

Looking at possibly building an old hot-rod. Currently don't have anything. Many years ago I was into Mustangs and had a couple '67 models. One thing I learned was that although I new some stuff about them, I wish in hindsight I had done more learning before buying.

So, my plan is to learn as much as possible about buying and building an old hot rod, and then see if I want to do it.

Right now I'm mostly interested in the early 1930's Ford trucks.

2. mike bowling

mike bowling

Welcome to hot rod heaven!Find a nice Model A ( 30-31's are my favorite) pickup and go to town!Lots of things you can do- hop up the banger; put in a flattie;or even a nice 302 FORD motor( stay away from those small block chevy motors you'll give the neighborhood a bad reputation)(just joking- put in whatever you can get yer greasy hands on)Good luck and remember to HAVE FUN. Mike from Mass.

3. Welcome. This is a great place to learn.

4. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Welcome from NC!

5. 1fastmf

1fastmf
    from Georgia

Thanks everyone!

6. welcome to the forum ...

7. 1fastmf

1fastmf
    from Georgia

One question, what is the general attitude towards kit cars? I'm unlikely to go that route, but I've considered it.

8. WilliD

WilliD
    from Illinois

I recently found this great site thru my brother..( He just bought a 29 Ford )..Ive had the street rod bug for years ..Need to start to build one before I get too old too !!

9. hallrods

hallrods

Welcome from Wisconsin

10. colinsmithson

colinsmithson

Welcome this good place to learn before you start your build read as many post as possible keep your eyes open for a simular build to what you want and ask questions