Register now to get rid of these ads!

Counterpart Radiators

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leocad, Nov 6, 2013.

1. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

Any of you have any information on these radiators Truck Shop in OC sells?

They seem to be OEM spec and so far Ive had good luck with Counterpart stuff, but I wanted to see if there is anyone that has used these radiators and what experience you have with them good or bad.

I have a 57 GMC 100, threw in a brand new Champion Radiator and it started leaking 6 months into it. Im in the middle of finding out if they honor the warranty and am looking at what my other options are in case they don't.

2. Never heard of them but I'm on the right coast and I will assume OC is in California.

I'm a firm believer in Walker Radiators,they are not cheap but they do last. HRP

3. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Key words from above post: "Cheap" "Last". Usually not used as adjectives describing the same product.

4. txturbo

txturbo

Go with a radiator from Performance Cooling Products. Best looking aluminum radiator I've ever seen. I bought one for my 55 Chevy pickup and it is a work of art. So impressed I bought another one for my 69 Camaro.

5. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

ya sorry Orange County Ca

6. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

Performance Cooling Products sells Champion brand which is the radiator that started leaking 6 months into it.

7. txturbo

txturbo

oops.....sorry.....its Engineered Cooling Products......speedcooling.com. They don't sell Champion radiators.

8. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

ty turbo, but doesnt seem like they have a GMC radiator which is a lot bigger than the standard chevy truck radiators.

so anyone have any experience the the Counterpart radiators?

9. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

10. havnet used their radiators before but i do buy alot of stuff from them and it is usually decent parts. who manufactures them for the truck shop?

11. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

From the catalog it seems that they are Counterpart brand, but there is no mention of Made In USA so its probably not.

12. tomb23

tomb23
    from Oregon