Register now to get rid of these ads!

8BA in a '36, can't remove dipstick?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36tudordeluxe, Nov 6, 2013.

1. 36tudordeluxe

36tudordeluxe

Got an 8BA with '53 truck pan in a '36 and can't get dipstick out because it hits louvered inner fender panel. Looks as though even with panel removed I would have to reach under fender to check the oil. Anybody have an answer?

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Have an 8ba in a 37 but not with the truck pan. I just bent the pan in order to clear the crossmember. I am sure you don't want to hear that. Ha!
    Is it possible that you could make a dipstick that is bent in such a way that it will be accessible from the engine compartment??

3. 36tudordeluxe

36tudordeluxe

I thought of completely removing the section that sticks out above the tube but not sure that will give me enough clearance either. This is ridiculous! I thought I had everything covered.

4. 1949*john

1949*john

don't force it get a bigger hammer

5. or a tubing bender. :)
    -Pat

6. chinarus

chinarus
    from Georgia

Bend the tube and/or make one out of flexible speedometer cable or similar brazed to the handle.