Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1957 Ford Fairlane convertible or 1954 Chevy 210

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cabbie, Nov 2, 2013.

1. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Sounds like a win-win all around to me! Congrats!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. slowmotion

slowmotion

Sweet ride, glad everything worked out all around, congrats!

3. madero1955

madero1955

Glad to hear the car is staying in the family. If it was me I would only drive it enough to keep it good, waiting for my son to get old enough to appreciate it. Then do the father-son build. I built my first car (a 55 150 post) with my dad. He bought a decent east coast body for cheap, gave it to me for my 10th birthday. The deal was he would match me dollar for dollar. I busted my butt mowing, raking, and shoveling snow in the neighborhood. I volunteered for work to make money for that car. It was "done" when I was 15, still not old enough to drive it. Dad put it on the road so he could shake it down for me. I never got to drive it. My step mom hit a tree with it a month before I turned 16. I was mad, but the time I spent with my dad planning and building that car was something I would never trade. I am enjoying building my 55 210 wagon with my kids.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Now when your kid gets old enough to drive, you BOTH could go to a show or cruise-in, right?

5. luke13

luke13

I must commend you on your supberb choice of motor vehicle sir, the y block is an excellent motor with that great 50s v8 sound, an the 57s were amongest some of the finest cars ever built! gotta love that colour too.

6. Glad you were able to swing this. The 57 Fairlane is the best looking Ford since the 40 Deluxe. Never get rid of it.

7. junior58

junior58

Good decision, that 57 is gorgeous. With regard to your neutral safety switch, if it starts in Neutral but not Park, that is how they are from new.

8. Cabbie

Cabbie
    from DeLand, FL

Thanks everyone. I think I made the right choice also. I was looking at the linkage and saw that the nuetral safety switch is working fine, then I read it needed to be in neutral to start from day one.

Posted with fat fingers on a small keyboard. Please excuse the typos.

9. robertsregal

robertsregal

All I can say is WOW Great lookin 57. I'm very much a GM person but have always liked the the 57 Ford lines, you are a lucky man to keep the family memories going and a payment plan that works for all!!!

10. Now you gotta post side-by-side pics of the 57 and the 54

11. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Glad you got both. I was going to chime in, if you couldn't have both to go with the 57. But then again I'm prejudiced (see avatar). Plenty of 57 guys out there to help you along if you need help.

12. Cabbie

Cabbie
    from DeLand, FL

Here are afew pictures of my Ford. It currently is is out of commission while I rebuild the carb and reseal the valley pan.

Posted with fat fingers on a small keyboard. Please excuse the typos.

Attached Files:

13. luke13

luke13

well worth the effort, makes the garage look great and the kid is happy, now take the missus out to buy a dress to match the car.

14. How easy will it be to sell the Chevy, sentimentalism aside?
    Do you have any takers?
    I would sell the Chevy and move onto a new chapter in my life.
    Take the Chevy money, pay off the relatives and use the rest to do your '57..
    You'll appreciate the added room your garage will have.

15. That is a beautiful car. You've done well. Congratulations.

16. finn

finn

I too have separation anxiety when it comes to cars, but in the end they are inanimate objects that we become attached to.

The chevy will never be a '57 Sunliner, so sell it to a good home and move on with life.