Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Peep mirrors....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raidmagic, Apr 17, 2013.

1. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

These aren't to bad and they worked for me.......Swan Neck Mirrors.
    IMG_0608.jpg

2. teddyp

teddyp

I was at a car show and a guy had a chop 50 merc with mirrors that clapped on the vent window he said he got them from the guy he got the car from but they worked good wish i took a picture of them

3. When I put 'em on my '29 I removed the clamps and drilled a hole in the door frame and mounted the mirror a screw thru the drilled hole. Works well, stays tight(thread lock) and looks much cleaner!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  4. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Refer to post #24:D

5. jazz1

jazz1

Too much blind spot if you are using 4" peeps..I tried them on my 41 IHC and numerous times i had to stick my head out the window to do a lane change and sure enough there was a vehicle in my blind spot...Put aftermarket 4" convex on stock mirror arms,,peeps look cool but are just an accident waiting to happen.

6. Sorry about the delay in posting the pic. I tried to yesterday but after 40 minuites I gave up, (dial up connection). I've got a 29 roadster but with a fiberglass chopped top and really need rear view mirrors. I had a pair of 4 inchers and they weren't to good. The five inchers from Ford Barn work good. I think the key is to get them down to the middle of the door window or lower. What I did for the pass. side was park my wifes PT Cruiser in my blind spot and adjust it. Most people adjust the pass side so you can just see your rear fender or tire, but the blind spot is really about 3 feet further out, at least it is on mine.

Attached Files:

7. FenixSpeedShop

FenixSpeedShop

Just a thought that came up when I read the post in reference to the Fonz, ever try looking at motorcycle mirrors? They come in all shapes, sizes and mounting options as well. J&P Cycles would be a good place to start.

8. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Check this Peep

Attached Files:

9. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I did the same thing! I hate clamping the mirror on the edge of the door. Drilled one hole and put a longer screw through the door into the old clamp hole. I can see great on either side of the car.
    [​IMG]

10. Cruiser

Cruiser

This is the peep mirror I've been trying to find, clips onto the wind deflector, no luck in finding one yet.Found one so far looking for one more.

CRUISER :cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  11. teddyp

teddyp

yes that,s the one i was talking about

12. tiger.1000

tiger.1000

I've been looking for a good quality item for my 1932 Ford B Cabriolet. Regrettably US suppliers havn't turned up anything which I really like in either quality or style.

Paul Beck "Complete Automobilist" here in the UK supplies excellent quality reproduction mirrors; one of which I intend to use to create what I hope to achieve.

13. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So who ,if anyone, makes a quality peep mirror? Mine seem to last little over 12months out of the box and the arm is the first to start loosing its poor chrome finish.

14. I love my one, and thats the problem, i only have one. Mine mounts through a hole in the door, and has a spring, so that, if you hit it, it flexes. Id like to know what make it is, and ill get a pic up when i go out to the shed.

15. skooch

skooch

www.ebay.com/itm/281188594986?_trksid=m570.p2045573.l4763&_trkparms=ga1m%3DT18%26ga2m%3DT16%26ga3m%3DT1%26ga4m%3DT3

16. Heres the pics of mine. Not a modern aftermarket one, id like to know what its off, so i could get the same for passenger side.

Attached Files:

17. 4woody

4woody

Not the best pics, but I re-[​IMG]purposed some VW Bug hinge pin mounted mirrors:

Which worked pretty well and I thought looked ok, so I went one better and got some vintage tombstone mirrors and made my own arms. Back in the day Mopar trucks used threaded hinge pins for mirror mounting, so I got proper pins from Vintage Power Wagons.
    Now:

[​IMG]

18. When I bought my 47 Tudor, it had the typical bent peep on both sides.
    The driver side worked OK, but I wore the paint off the door on the passenger side trying to find a spot where I could see the right side.
    This is what I ended up with. They stick out like mickey mouse ears, but I can back out of a parking space at the Dairy Queen without running over the Prius next to me.

19. Bob Drake # B-17700WC for about 32.00

20. Forgot to add wind wing clamp on style for the above mirror

21. Gusaroo

Gusaroo

I mounted my 4" peep so it is right in my face when I look to my left, works good...the closer you can get your face to it, the better they work. Forget using one on the pass side, its like looking down a straw. I like that wing clamp one, Ill have to find one when this one breaks.

22. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Forget using one on the pass side, its like looking down a straw.

Try a convex mirror on the pass side, It gives you a little more visibility.

Ago

23. Thanks blackjack, and ago.

24. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

You still have wind deflectors? LOL. These look nice. Gary

25. On EBAY:eek:

Attached Files:

26. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

I got those from Speedway.

27. jeep-joint

jeep-joint

Thanks to all who suggested the convex stick-on mirrors. Worked great on the '55 and made the last road trip much more enjoyable.

28. bengeltiger

bengeltiger