Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical help ID parts of 26 Roadster sheetmetal

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by chopt49, Nov 6, 2013.

1. chopt49

chopt49

I am finally tearing into the barnfind 26 roadster. Body off frame and ready to order repair sheet metal. I am stuck at roadster quarters. Macs, Howells and others show Roaster and Roadster PU quarters. The PU version looking like the lower rear is longer. I look at my roadster that has an orignail turtle deck on it and it appears to need PU qrtrs

I am confused when I see the roadster quarters for sale looking stunted at the rear. See picture of mine and looks like i need PU.

Can you all help me out, does it matter if i get PU quartres? What is the difference?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. I'm in the same boat - mine came with a turtledeck but had pick-up rear quarters, its up to you I guess, I bought pu quarters for mine, they're exactly the same as Roadsters as you say but with slightly longer sides. I guess over time (86-87 years) a pick up bed could have been changed for a turtledeck

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

I can't say how repop parts are made but the ROADSTER and ROADSTER PICKUP are one in the same. Ford made the Roadster with the option of unbolting the turtle deck and bolting on the bed. Don't know if many people swapped back sections around during the year, but you could. Bob

4. chopt49

chopt49

Thanks for the feedback I will go ahead with the PU qrtrs. Any advise on which vendor is best? I am leaning Macs.

5. You know, Mac's has really improved there shipping lately, the last two orders I placed, I received in less than a week. alot better than they used to be.

6. bambbrose

bambbrose
    from So. Utah

26 roadster is medium
    27 roadster is short
    26 or 27 pickup roadster is long (might be same as 26 roadster)

That is how it was explained to me but I'm not 100% confident. I can confirm that the 27 roadster is the short one that you are seeing.

You gonna make a build thread?

7. chopt49

chopt49

Awesome.. thanks for the info.

Yes build thread will be forth coming. Right now I am in tear down mode, so kinda boring stuff.

Again thanks!