Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pinstriping brush box

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stingraystripes65, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Stingraystripes65

Stingraystripes65
    from NWI

I've been looking for a while and can't seem to find a pinstriping brush case, does anyone know where I could find one? Thanks!

2. Any artist supply shop will have artist brush boxes. HRP

3. D-man313

D-man313

Hey kid! Go do a proper intro before the HAMB police come after ya!!!!:D

4. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

What's with the "cool" smirking smiley in shades on the subject line?

If you were really that hip you'd customize an old toolbox like countless pinheads have for decades.

I opened this thread expecting to see one.

5. chevy2junk

chevy2junk

Plastic fishing lure boxes such as plano brand work well for storing oiled brushes.Practice and learn fancy boxes can come later.

6. ..if you can paint, you oughta be able to build yer own brush box, then keep it forever.

7. Stingraystripes65

Stingraystripes65
    from NWI

Thanks for the input guys!

Posted using the Full

8. I use the small 5-count wooden cigar boxes for my brushes. Stop by your local tobacco shop and ask to see their empties. Lots of cool boxed from wood and/or paper. Let your imagination run wild!

9. Stingraystripes65

Stingraystripes65
    from NWI

Thanks! I think my dad actually has some old ones I could use!

No brains, no headaches -Ed Roth

10. Mack Brush Co sells a nice aluminum brush box that will hold both lettering and striping brushes.They were about $25 the last time I checked.
    I have a couple of old metal cigarette cases(for king size cigarettes)that I use for striping brushes.The spring loaded clip was facing the wrong way so I cut it out and put in a couple of ignition wire separators to hold the handles.I lay a piece of rubberized tool box liner over the hair to keep them from moving around too much.

11. Check out the Ed Roth interview with Von Dutch on utube. Therein is the box his father used that he inherited....

12. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

Buy a metal cigarette case, take out the things that hold the cigs in, replace on with a spring that reaches across the width of the box.

Stick your brush handles in the spring, and it should hold them good.

13. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

I use a plastic pencil case from an art store.

14. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

A quality box is easy to build out of plywood. Make it any size you want but be sure its big enough to last a lifetime. Stain it then stripe it. It will get character with age and you will appreciate it more. If you are not good enough to build one there are lots of hobby wood workers that can build to your specs. Dutch's box comes to mind. My buddy has a 40 year old box that I admire just as much.

15. Stingraystripes65

Stingraystripes65
    from NWI

Thanks chevy gasser I think that's the way I'm going to go

16. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

go to swap meets and garage sales I bet you'll find something unique and cool to put brushes in

17. The old wooden fishing tackle boxes they used to sell at Sears work real nice. I still have the one i bought in 1963. Keep your eyes open at garage sales and swap meets. You will accumulate many trinkets over the years.

18. I've got a box for you you gottA come get it tho! Bring your paints!

19. Stingraystripes65

Stingraystripes65
    from NWI

Thanks! David told me one of these some weekend soon I'll run out there!

20. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

how about storing brushes in cigar tubes? i keep exacto knives in them so i don't reach in the drawer and slice my fingers.