Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Enough monkeying around: let's build a 5w, or another 4dr bites the big one.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by thunderbirdesq, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

2. when you start the ranchero will you post the build thread info here. I don't want to miss it. you rock dude

3. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Thanks guys, yes Jim, I will update on the '57. It will be getting some much needed love over the winter, it's going on the rotisserie!

4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

As a little cap to this thread, the new owner got her all back together after pulling it apart to clean and re undercoat everything and repair the damage it incurred during shipping. He jumped through all the right hoops and got her legal, he says he's put about 1500 miles on it so far and it runs great! neat pic!

Old 167c rides again!

[​IMG]

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Killer!!!!! Car looks great! Good see it back on the road and racking up miles.

Note to new owner: those mufflers need to be tucked up or sprayed black.

6. IMHO, this was the best thread ever. I love the car and how it came to be, the fact that you drove it to the flats and enjoyed it.

7. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

that S.O.B looks bad ass... love the numbers on the door... hard to belive how far that car has come along!

8. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Thanks for the pic and the final details! I really enjoyed the ride, (it would have been much better in person! :)

9. A ton of work, great result! Congrats

10. WOW! You have my respect. Nice work.

11. Amazing flipping from page 1 to page 65. You nailed that thing Andy, I would have had a hard time parting with it.

12. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Probably one of the best threads on the HAMB, but off topic,
    I have to say that your band rocked it at ROG saturday night!
    I need to find out when you guys are going to release some music, just killer Andy!

13. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Thanks guys!

RCR, thanks man!! Check out Brian Darwas' new flick "This is Long Beach" at www.atomichotrods.com, we're on the soundtrack. ... and download away! Here's a link:

www.thetelltalesigns.bandcamp.com

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SxMxfqp3PKI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

14. seatex

seatex

What an incredible transformation! RULER!

15. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Killer Andy, thank you for the link. Look forward to hearing more from you guys!

16. So what did you do with what was left of the back half l need some rear corners .and dam you did a nice job

17. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

It was T..O...a...s...T! Seriously, I used every piece that was usable off that rear half.

18. Carter

Carter

Haha, I can vouch for that. If he didn't use any of it, it would have been every usable piece off of it.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. Thats ok dont hurt to ask thanks andy

20. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Hahaha, yea I think your exact words were... "I don't doubt your skill, but...." haha, it was tough old iron. Mainly I used it for measurements and contour shaping the rear roof.

21. Right on Andy....Great to see it is alive and doing well across the pond. I did miss it in the group this year on our trip to bonneville. Looks good with the numbers on it.
    Take care bro.
    Mayor Dennis

22. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

didnt know that was you- great tunes! Brian worked the song in perfectly

23. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Thanks man! That's us!:cool:

24. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Nice video.Thanks guys and gals.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

25. Steverod

Steverod

I saw your 34 5 window in real down here in Europe @ the Kustom Shakedown in Switzerland. I love that little bastard so much ,that i planed to go to the gentleman's race this year to see it in action. Happy that i didn't .Great working skills .I'm so impressed .here's one picture of it from this week.
    (hope that mine's will look that good one day&#8230;..)

[​IMG]

26. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Haha, awesome! Thanks for the Update and kind words! I have to give Nick, the new owner some credit as well, he has made some changes and updates and generally "cleaned it up" a bit. cheers!

27. I saw your 5w at Bonneville 2012. I didn't realize there was a build thread till now. It turned out great! I would've never known it was a four door till I saw this thread. One of my favorites from Bonneville that year!

28. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

That was an incredible transformation and I have much respect for your skills!

ls1yj likes this.
  29. hasty

hasty

Wow, thanks to whoever revived this thread - good to catch it. Fantastic work, really nice car.

30. Rok55

Rok55
    from Cheyenne

Just found this thread and am just blown away by your talent and work ethic. Absolutely amazing work and a beautiful result. Can't believe you could build something like that, invest so much sweat and blood and then sell it so quickly. Best of luck on your next project, I'll certainly be looking forward to IT as well.