Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Which banjo in Fullfendered Tudor A

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Lucky Loser, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Lucky Loser

Lucky Loser
    from WI MIDWEST

I am trying to figure out which axle I want to run in my 31 model a tudor, It's going to be full fendered, and I want to run 7.5x16 tires... I wanted to use a 46 I have but Am not sure If I will have enough room without rubbing, I don't have fenders right now and have ordered them but before I start modifying the axle tubes I wanted to see if anyone had any good info... I don't want to run an A axle as I have heard they are more delicate than the later banjos, I am running a B motor with OHV and other goodies so maybe an A axle would be best.....? Thank you any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. TERPU

TERPU

Use a '36 and the over the axle spring locator trick by cutting off your stock A perches. This will put your tires perfect to the fenders and it'll bolt right in.

All the best,

Tim

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Absolutely, run anything from '35-'41 and the world will be your oyster. I had a '42-'48 under my '30 coupe, and it was going to be just a shade wide to run a stock off set 16 Ford steel wheel on the back. it would have worked at a stock stance to an extent, but I like stuff low.

4. Yep '36-'41, '39-'41 have juice brakes, perfect width. Like TERPU said, cut off your old "A" perches from your bells leaving the top two holes so it'll bolt on to the new banjo without welding them to it.'42-'48 are a little wide for a full fendered "A" unless you go with deep offset rims which brings the wheels in and more centered.

5. Lucky Loser

Lucky Loser
    from WI MIDWEST

Great! Thanks for the info, I have a nice 40 banjo that was my back up... I really appreciate the info!