Register now to get rid of these ads!

How to delete model A inner fenders?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52plybizcoupe, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Is there a easy way or a patch panel to get rid of the inner fender area so that it is smooth behind the wheel on a fender less model A sedan

2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Would be easy to make a flat panel however it would ruin the look...

3. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

For this look?

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/fredsredt/4269194300/" title="The Emperor by Fred R Childers Photography, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

don't do it

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. It's going on a car similar to the purple people eater I'll find a pic in a bit

6. Here is a old photo shop of the car I plan on moving the radius of the door to match that of the rear tires and delete the rear fender area for a cleaner look seeing as the axel is pushed so far back it has a 401nailhead in it now and I plan on building a blown nailhead for it in the future

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383609023.114895.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

if it's on the rear, it will just make it look like a cheap 'glass car.

8. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

All that work to smooth the side and they left the door hinges? As Larry said, don't do it.

9. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

all bad ideas on this page. some things are better off left alone.

10. Trying to make the rear look like the PPP it's going to be a PPP for the street
    Any suggestions on moving the wells or any other ideas on smoothing I have seen some other cars with it done and it really doesn't look that bad to me

11. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383610864.049584.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383610880.195584.jpg

Looks smoothed out and not to bad

12. I can see what you want to do and why to do it.
    That's a cool silhouette but that wheel well needs to go.
    I bet that looks like ass from the rear ( haha) or a 3/4 shot from the back with the gaping hole big enough to crawl thru between the body and the tires.

There's no patch panel that I know of to do what you want to do. You'll have to make that one.

13. That's some wild front suspension on that car

14. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I forgot the question.....?

Killer Half Sedan!
    Go for it!

Give us s'more pictures!
    T

15. here is a side view of the car as it sits right now

Attached Files:

16. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I like it, especially if you want to mess around with tire sizes and subtle changes in the wheelbase. I couldn't find many samples photos (there aren't that many attempts, eh?) but here are a few. In one of these pix it is hard to tell if any mods were made. And with lowered cars with big tires you can't even see them. The Busby car is the cat's PJ. Gary

Attached Files:

17. Thanks for the pics Gary - awesome!

There aren't many examples because its a lot of work.
    When cars are lowered so the wheel goes beyond the arch of the wheel well it looks like a major fuck up to me. They throw an awesome silhouette ( as in only a darkened outline) but are all kinds of fucked up with a detail profile or rear view. It's a whole lot easier to NOT move the arches or eliminate them but that's the difference- extra work or major fuckup.

18. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

19. Rochie

Rochie

I don't think there's an "easy" way to do it. This is one we built in '69. Cut and paste!

Attached Files:

20. I think it just makes the car look like a cheap glass car,,weather it's steel and nicely built like this,,,it still looks wrong to me. HRP

[​IMG]

21. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I'm not hard over on them, one way or another. But you don't see fender wells on sprint cars, do ya? If you have no fenders, what's the point in having fender wells? But there is no denying the shapes and contour lines around them have their own aesthetic. And as already mentioned, getting them to look good is another matter entirely. Not many metal men could pull it off.

Further along... why not pinch the tail a little, too? A / B fenders straighten out at the back where they meet the rear pan perpendictular and join the fender ends. Why not keep curving them inwards an inch or three (not creating a boat tail here), maintaining the curve at the top of the quarter panel all the way back? A little more like 33/34's. Just a thought. Gary

22. Here is a crapy photo shop of the chop ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1383789882.881536.jpg