Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Sam Does Vern's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. My heart hurts that I'm so far away!

3. seatex

seatex

Looks like it was a great day for a yard sale! Good on Vern, thanks for the shots!

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I was getting pics from there from some friends. I really liked the Early Ford Bird bath haha!

5. Man, what a great oportunity for those who went! The circle of life....

6. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

That "seeds and stems" quote is awesome.

7. Great photos!

Thanks for posting Ryan & Sam.

JH

8. pumpman

pumpman

Man if I had one wish, it would be to be there.

9. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Thanks, Sam for the wonderful story, I feel like I was there...and the photos!

Those photos are treasure, art, inspiration, and so much more! I've now got a couple years worth of very cool screen savers, if nothing else.

10. modelAsteve

modelAsteve

There is lots of great stuff there. I couldn't even guess how many '39 trans cases. Look at the pictures! I got a few goodies and think I will go back at the end of the month. A guy could leave there with all the running gear for a flattie powered vintage car for about 10 cents on the dollar and brag to all his friends that "Vern Tardel supplied it" Nice talking with you SAM!

11. flamingokid

flamingokid

I'd like to be there just to hear some great stories,as I'm sure he has plenty.I hope he enjoys his retirement.

12. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I guess I missed something. Why was the sale being held in the first place?

13. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

14. OLLIN

OLLIN

dayum thats crazy. I knew it would be a lot of stuff but I didn't expect that! Too bad its pretty far for me...

15. Ok
    i'll ask again is there someone who would be interested in the whole lot at scrap $ seems like a future business could be done .... Afterall the collecting and preserving .. Where is this stuff ever gonna pile up like this again ??

After a major sorting and inventory ... Even a rebuilder service could get a good start ,waterpumps . Carbs ,starters , generators , brakes ...

Let alone the non mechanicals sold as is

i worked in the auto industry and" cores" were a valueable commodity

am i the only one seeing the potential of the " bulk " .. Not just a few parts for "my next rod"

some people do restore BACK to stock" DON'T THEY?"

16. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I know that Vern is a very cool old guy, but that provides a view of him that I wouldn't have guessed.

17. Did anyone catch what was hiding in the pile of rear ends?

Damn... I can't believe I missed it!

And to think I've owned and worked on a few...

Crap.

Sam

18. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Columbia 2-speed? ...towards the right center of photo.

Malcolm

19. Ding! Ding! Ding!

That didn't take long...

:D

Sam

20. MattStrube

MattStrube

"Sam Say's" there's a deal, then there's a deal. Looks like fun time

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. swifty

swifty

Thanks for the story and the pics Sam, much appreciated and enjoyed.

So will you be up there again next Saturday to grab that Columbia??

22. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

Wish I could make it that way.....I could use few pieces for a project I'm working on.

Thanks for the story and pics Sam.

23. Swifty, I'm planning on going the last weekend in November... just before the pile gets scrapped.

Rich, send me a list of what you need and I can scout it out. It's the least I could do for all you have done for me!

Sam

24. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

Wow, Sam..thank you.
    I'm looking for either a '30 or '31 hood assembly, Preferably a '30 but a '31 would do just fine. In about the same condition as the hood you picked up for the Drag Rod project
    Also need some front fender braces....there are two styles; forged rod and stamped steel. I have one of the rod style so if you come across another one.....or a set of the other style.
    Also a decent headlight bar.

If you see any of this stuff for a reasonable price and can pick it up I'd sure appreciate it. I'll send you some money post haste... No shipping hassle or anything like that as I'm pretty sure I'll be heading your way in the early spring.

Thanks Sam......I appreciate your offer, just don't cramp your own shopping adventures looking for my junk, OK??

Rich

25. mgbtc

mgbtc

What a great looking sale, wish I could have made it. I don't have a truck that big though!

26. Lordy mercy! That's unbelievable. Did the 8K deuce roadster body sell?

Thanks Sam, for sharing and raising the envy bar!

27. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

Good to hear that parts are on the right hands. It would be a shame that they ended up at a scrap yard. Too bad I'm too far away :(

28. Sam let me ask your opinion on something,

I have time off at the end of the month and have been really thinking on making the 900 mile drive up there. Do you think there will be alot left at the end of the month to make it worth the drive. I am mostly after some front wishbones and axles and 40 wheels?

29. 900 miles?!?!?

That's going to make for some EXPENSIVE parts by the time you get them home.

JH

30. This could be true that is why I am posing the quesiton. I do not want to drive all the way for barely usable wishbones and wheels and axles. I am also posing the question since if I do this trip, its not only for me but a few close friends of mine who cannot make the trip but sure could use some of these parts.