Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lake Compounce Swap Meet == WHAT DID I MISS?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Nov 3, 2013.

1. I had the same thought.

2. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

My swap meet finds. A great early Mallory dizzy for a whole 8 bucks also purchased a really nice USA made filter for the air line in my shop that was just 3 bucks. And for a future project for my Land Speed Race car water tank upgrade I found a nice flanged aluminum radiator cap mount with the cap it was just 5 bucks. Oh and I did buy a bag full of those apple fritters man they were GOOD plus had to get some ice cream from Sprinkles.

3. did any body buy one of the stainless steel over flow cans for $25? i thought about after that i should have a bought a couple. they had the pressure cap.

4. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

You missed this! I finaly got a nice firewall for my 32!

Attached Files:

5. scootrz1

scootrz1
    from usa

my score 50 bucks for roof 40 bucks for pipes and rest cheap

Attached Files:

6. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

I didnt take home the usual haul, but I did find some stuff I needed. My daughter is starting to get into cars and really wanted to go, so half the fun was just having her with me. She bought a hat, shirt, and a 41 Willys model car so she was really happy she went and so was I. Any day at a swap meet is a good day, thankfully the net hasnt killed them off. They arent what they used to be but nothing stays the same, gotta roll with it.

7. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

Ratrod37- I was away from my spot when you got the firewall. Glad it went to a Hamber for a good price. Greg

8. DenK

DenK

Took us a half hour to get to our spot at 5:30. Sold most of our stuff, more than
    half of it car parts. Sold two model A rears and a complete front axle and wishbone. The CSRA guys hauled it off for the buyer with golf carts. These
    guys do a great job. Wide aisles, plenty of johns and food.
    Saw many friends. A great day.

9. Jimv

Jimv

It seems like Tweeter center( greatwoods) Is still one of the better shows.But its geting 30% "yard sale" items now! But its not a bad thing to find other stuff you might need also! As long as you have room for a dozen snow blowers or mopeds with no geats!lol
    JimV

10. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

Great swap meet!
    The CSRA guys do the best they can, with what they have to work with!
    At least there was some hot rod, and early stuff there.
    Lately the swapmeets are nothing but CRAP!
    Some of the meets, I will not go anymore, because of too much non auto crap!
    Many of my friends bought some good items!
    Nothing seamed to jump out at me!
    I made my donation to the girls selling coffee ( For breast cancer)!
    Great bunch of people!

11. flintstonecharger

flintstonecharger
    from Mass.

Was the guy there selling the bird houses?? I remember one year a guy must have had about 100 stand up model house hold vacuum cleaners!! Glad it's not much of a ride for me to get there to look at the junk.Swap meets are turning into an outdoor Wal-Mart!!:eek:

12. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

the day was nice , got to hang out with a friend , walked the whole sellers area , bought a cool pair of old brass style head lights , and I had never been before so it was fun , and better than going to work ,

13. Jimv

Jimv

You know whats funny is that i usually go to "Brimfield antique show" once or twice a year & I hardly see any "Car Parts" there!! (Its like the "hersey" for old junk.)
    JimV