Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chrome work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JesseJerk, Nov 1, 2013.

1. JesseJerk

JesseJerk
    from Las Vegas

OK just found out that you can't do chrome plating in Las Vegas. Need a good reasonably price shop in Southern California or Arizona I can take my bumpers and grill to. Any suggestions will help. thanks

2. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

MJB chrome
    909-875-1910

Bill has been there since 1972...... Real good to work with

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

That sucks,here in Denver Collins plating stopped chroming and Denver bumper just closed there doors for good.EPA must be giving them shit everywhere.

4. JesseJerk

JesseJerk
    from Las Vegas

Pretty crazy when have to ship stuff to California! You would think just the opposite!

5. Not necessarily, as annal as the laws regulating hazards chemicals and insurance cost it's amazing any of the Chrome shops are still in business.

I would think the EPA & state regulators have made it almost impossible to open a new chrome platting business in today's society of protecting the environment at all cost. HRP

6. AntiBling

AntiBling

Is there anywhere in Colorado that does chrome plating anymore? I'm a couple hundred miles from Denver and living in the rural areas I've always thought it would be perfect place to open a chrome shop as you don't have a ton of eyes from the government watching you and not many people raising a stink, and I've got 19,000 sq ft of shop space that I need to put to work.

7. Quality Plating
    199 West Ninth Ave.
    Yuma, CO 80759

8. I've heard tell there's fellow in Ft. Collins. Yet to get the name. I need to get our '47's bumpers done.

9. SOHC427

SOHC427

Man, that sucks about Collins, as they did my 64 Galaxie bumpers, in the show chrome, and they are stunning. Good price, too.
    Eric

10. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

Beware that some of the shops in S. Cal. do the prep work then send the parts across the border to get plated.

11. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I get my chrome done at Escondido plating in San Diego . They have had rides featured in the rodders journal and they do ALL the work on site.Nothing is taken Across the border. Don is a great guy to deal with and the work is quality. There on the net,check them out

12. indyjps

indyjps

I don't know why there aren't more of these set ups in Texas / California. Let's put NAFTA to use to the hod rod community.

13. kari613

kari613

Metro plating 227 East 10 dr. Mesa ,Az. 85210 Ph. 480 969 1724 They are still in business. They always did fine work for me and have good prices by todays standards . Bill from Lake Havasu, AZ.

14. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

A.C. Plating in Bakersfield, Bob has done stuff for me for several years,make sure you talk to Bob not the bimbo that answers the phone,she is border line stupid.