Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 33-34 Ford coupe bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ss34coupe, Nov 5, 2007.

1. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

yes, but when it is a Model 40 coupe, it is worth it. Keep the pics coming, there are more coupe bodies out there!

Attached Files:

2. thequietwon

thequietwon

I am still piecing together my 34 5window & got sidetracked with a Deuce roadster. However, my 8 year old son spotted this on the way into the Charlotte Auto fair last month & I couldn't pass it up. She was well on her way to street rod hell, but she is virtually rust free...
    Sam

Attached Files:

3. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Killer find, congrats

4. tictac

tictac
    from Okc, Ok

5. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

OH WOW! thats a gem! beautiful car

6. This beauty just rolled into a friends collection.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

7. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

oh my that sweet! have you done anymore with it?

8. fordcpe

fordcpe

Here is mine started it when I was 16 years old 1977 it was to much for me then so it sat in the back of my Dads garage until 2001.I was into Mustangs and Camaros all that time and the 34 just never got a chance. Now the Camaro just sits in the garage and all I drive is the 34.Boy was I ever dum all those years.I love this car my Dad gave it to me when I was 14 wish I would have done it before he died.Darrell

Attached Files:

9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

10. JasonCarGuy

JasonCarGuy

Here's a project coupe and parts ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382644740.294507.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382644762.128549.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382644802.607579.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Jason - that is a nice coupe that looks to have been built in an earlier time. A good start for a project, and that fordor looks good as well! What are the plans for these cars?

12. JasonCarGuy

JasonCarGuy

Plan is to build the Coupe with flathead power, can't decide on my 59a or 8ba for motorvation, but I have a while to decide as I just got the body a couple weeks ago and the sedan last week. The plan is to use the 4dr chassis and hood and go from there, of course adding dropped axle and hydraulic brakes. The more fordor sedans I see the more I like them too, and it gets me thinking I'll keep that body around to build another cruiser later on (was considering selling the 4dr body but not sure now). These '34's I've learned are much harder to find than the Model A's I've been doing, and of course much more $$.
    The coupe was a complete car until the guy before me used it as a parts car to build a '34 roadster, sad day, but it will be built to run the streets again. With those metallic blue vinyl door panels it definately was an old hot rod.

13. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

WOW some great stuff here. Anyone got pics of the inside of a 5 window roof? mines in a mess ,bits missing where the B pilar meets the roof etc

14. This is sweet! The slicks and the faired in hinges scream show and go! What's the story???

15. hot3window

hot3window

Here's mine........

Attached Files:

16. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

bump! TIC Tac, what's the story!!!!!!!!!!!

17. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Jason - that sounds like a great plan! A later flathead in the coupe is the way to go. And nothing wrong with building the fordor either, they can look very nice when put together right. Have you thought about just leaving the fordor together and finding another frame for the coupe? Frames come up here every so often, or you could order new rails and make a crossmember. Best of luck with your projects.

18. tictac

tictac
    from Okc, Ok

I have had several requests for a story about this car so here we go. Back in the early 90's I was building a 60's style Galaxie 500 drag car. The UPS driver was a gear head and we agreed we had the same love of cars after a few deliveries of car parts. One day after many deliveries he said, have you seen the Coupe down the street in the back yard? My truck is tall enough I can see it but no one else can. I replied with a "what"? So he tells me where it is and I cruise over there and peak over the fence. I almost passed out. I remember as a kid in the 70's they were always out in front of that house working on a front engine dragster. I rang the doorbell and the guy answered and I said hello is the coupe for sale? He replied with a gruff no and slammed the door. So for several years I would go by and ask again with the same reply…. NO! 14 years later a guy I know said he had gone and looked at 2 coupes that were for sale. I was not interested till he told me where he went. I said WHAT? His neighbor (jeff) is a guy I have known for many years and he said yea man his name is … …… and he has 2 cars. A 3 window that is crashed and a 5 window out back. I said I know about the one car, so there is another? They were like oh yea. I said did you guys take any pics? Yes. I almost shit in my pants when they showed me what they took. So the neighbor (jeff) said he will not talk to just anyone. My fathers best friend was a famous drag boat racer locally so I called him and ask if he knew who the guy was he said yes, he always had nice stuff. So here I go to the house of coupes hidden away for many years. Hello sir I grew up with Phil Boeskin and I heard you have 2 cars for sale. After some hesitation he said yes I do. He took me inside and my heart started pounding so hard I couldn't sleep that night. After some research I discovered Jay Fitzhugh (jalopy journal) was looking for the Malco car. He had worked on it as a kid. My fathernlaw is a drag racer and collector from the 50's so I called him up and said I found some stuff that has to be bought. After showing him pics and some emails from Jay he said ok lets go see what you found. He agreed we needed to go get the all the stuff. It was a glorious day for me to drag both of those cars off that property and put them in the trailer. Since then Jay has been helping me locate parts to restore the Malco Super Coupe. The story on the Malco car is amazing and very long an detailed. That story is for another time. The steel car is tucked away in a safe spot. I do not have the facts on it yet but I am fishing around to see what I can find. It was a 60's street car but not sure who had it before…….. yet…. the dash and grill were stolen in the 80's sitting in that same spot.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  19. tictac

tictac
    from Okc, Ok

20. tictac

tictac
    from Okc, Ok

[​IMG]

It arrives in Norman
    [​IMG]
    Gets crashed, because word is it was like sitting in a closet peaking thru the key hole.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Cool story!!!

22. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Tictac - thanks so much for posting the story of how you acquired the coupe. Little did we know your find also involved the Malco coupe, so that was a bonus! Can't wait to read more about that famous race car!

23. hotrodMarv

hotrodMarv
    from Germany

rThats mine !!! I´m LOVEn IT[​IMG][​IMG]

24. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

hotrodMarv - you have a good start to a great project. What are your plans for it?

25. hotrodMarv

hotrodMarv
    from Germany

thanks ss34coupe,
    i want to build a oldstyle highboy hot rod
    im a big boy ;) so i chop him only a little. i have a 38 ford rear axle, blc headlight´s, 5 inch droped front axle, 34 frame, wide five 16" wheels, closed hood and a ford Y-block 272 cui !
    i think about a flathead!

i need a grille thats a problem in germany;)

i love channeld 34 cupes but i want to drive easy !

like your three window coupe !nice story !

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  26. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

hotrodMarv - it must be difficult to find the parts you need, but good for you for taking on this project! Grills do come up every so often here on the Hamb, so watch the classifieds.

27. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Bunch of cool above!!^^^ Great thread!

28. 343WINDOW

343WINDOW

I was showing some coworkers a picture of a friends '32 when one of them said "hey that looks like my friend Martys car"...I said...does Marty want to sell his '32?..."it's not a '32 it's '34 and he's had it sitting in a little make-shift room under his sundeck for years and his wife has been bugging him to get rid of it"...does Marty have an address??? A couple days later I'm knocking on his door...

Attached Files:

29EHV8 likes this.
  29. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

guess marty sold it to ya?!?!?! Nice score!

30. 343WINDOW

343WINDOW

It took a bit of begging but he sold it...said he wasn't in to making any money on it...he just wanted what he paid for it years ago...let's just say I did well. Then he tells me that he just sold his mint '49 Anglia for $5,000...because that's what he paid for it many years ago...AAAAHHHHH!!!!!! Then the old guy that lived next door drops dead and leaves him his house...which here in Vancouver is worth $950,000-1,000,000...now he wishes he never sold his cars...