Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sundays Models 11/3/13

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by halfasskustoms, Nov 3, 2013.

1. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

2. Nitro Marty

Nitro Marty

Here's my latest.... A somewhat "unique" fuel altered, that I have named...."JEEPERS!"

[​IMG]

Starting with the two kits pictured below, I just kind of let my imagination run wild on this extremely FUN project....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I started with the chassis and drive train from the Winged Express kit, adding a scratch-built straight tube style axle, to get the stanced
    that I'd envisioned... Fitting the Jeep body, to the chassis, was a "no-brainer" and put, the front axle way out front... Just the way I wanted!
    Front wheels and tires are resin items, while the rear Slicks are R2/AMT Parts Pack items...
    Rear wheels were fished out of my parts box (I think that they may be from a JoHan funny car kit)
    Body mods included, radiusing the rear wheel openings, moving the firewall back, chopping the windshield,
    as well as trimming the inner fenders and "bobbing" the front front for header clearance...
    Paint is Testors Citrus Yellow Metallic lacquer, clear with Future floor finish....
    I made the "JEEPERS!", M&C Speed Shop, and "Kilroy" decals on my computer.

[​IMG]

The 392 HEMI from the Winged Express was finished with various shades of Metalizer and fitted with an aftermarket magneto and injector pump...
    As well as a "barn door" injector and scoop, from my parts box... Headers, pirated from
    an old AMT Gremlin funny car kit, were drilled out and finished in white primer.

[​IMG]

So, there it is.... Only my third completed project for the year... But it has been a BLAST!!!!

[​IMG]

3. melsfine39

melsfine39

I call these BIG-N-LITTLES Mel:D

Attached Files:

4. melsfine39

melsfine39

More BIG-N-LITTLES Mel:D

Attached Files:

5. powrshftr

powrshftr

Hey Mel,
    Those look pretty amazing.There is a HAMBer who used to drive that Ramchargers T/F car.
    I freakin' LOVE this place!:)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Really dig the Jeep, Marty.

Sweet.

7. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

really like the jeep,had plans to build one for the street close to that,not blown,gasser style.nice build

8. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Nice job guys. Keep them coming.

9. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Good Morning Guys ! Great work again from everyone . I really like that Jeep ! Here is my "Red Chariot" , just one of the great hot rod kits that Monogram put out in the early 60's .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

I have that kit inbuilt in the original box. Cool kit

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Too bad we can't get someone to reproduce some of those killer Monogram kits.

12. I remember building the Red Chariot as a kid, like it was yesterday! Thanks for the memory!!

13. Pixs from Norfolk VA Show by my buddy George.

'53 Ford
    [​IMG]
    Drag-U-La
    [​IMG]
    '56 Vicky
    [​IMG]
    IMC '48 Ford
    [​IMG]
    '59 Elkie
    [​IMG]
    '50 Olds
    [​IMG]
    Testors '48 Ford
    [​IMG]

14. melsfine39

melsfine39

A few more BIG-N-LITTLES These last are a little "NOT H.A.M.B. friendly"... but they are only models! Mel:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  15. 5w32

5w32

heres my big and littles, the green roadsters were made to copy my seafoam green with tan top 32 roadster

Attached Files:

16. Nice stuff everyone!

17. I love that Jeep, friggin' neat!

18. gmcman52

gmcman52

There is a guy on ebay who is selling resin parts of the Red Chariot. You can purchase several of the parts by themselves or mostly complete. I have purchased several items and the casting is great. Easy to work with and fast shipment too. Look under resin model 1/24 on ebay.........

19. miwi

miwi
    from Germany

Attached Files:

20. scrubba

scrubba

James, you should own up , tell everbody the Elcamino , the Olds w the Carson top , 48 Ford convertible is yer stuff. Yep, George best take pictures of yer stuff. If not I'd be boycotting meetings ...............

scrubba