Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tardel's retirement sale (pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by randy, Nov 2, 2013.

1. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

Exactly... The body parts are the best pieces IMO

2. Cabbie

Cabbie
    from DeLand, FL

Pretty sad when even someone like Tardel would sell to the scrappers. I wouldnt expect him to hold on to it forever, but to sell to a scrapper after 3 days of garage sales seems like hardly trying.

Posted with fat fingers on a small keyboard. Please excuse the typos.

3. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

Vern says the yard sales will continue evry Saturday through the end of November, and whatever's left in the yard then will go for scrap at $250 per ton. The Divco milk truck has a price of $1000 on it, the 29 Model A 2 door sedan, $3500.

Attached Files:

• 038.JPG
      038.JPG
      File size:
      460.4 KB
      Views:
    • 037.JPG
      037.JPG
      File size:
      448.3 KB
      Views:
    • 034.JPG
      034.JPG
      File size:
      462.7 KB
      Views:
    • 022.JPG
      022.JPG
      File size:
      429.8 KB
      Views:
    • 019.JPG
      019.JPG
      File size:
      463.4 KB
      Views:
    • 018.JPG
      018.JPG
      File size:
      463.5 KB
      Views:
    • 017.JPG
      017.JPG
      File size:
      469 KB
      Views:
  4. Does Verne need a sales agent Down Under? DAMN !!

It would almost be a crime to scrap the leftovers dude !!

Rat

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Why is everything I want always at the bottom of the pile? That sure is an amazing collection. I think he'll make far more by scrapping it for that price (the heavy stuff, anyway) but I hope as much of it as possible goes to folks who will use it. Thanx for the inside look. Man, I'd love to have that big, 3D burger guy with the engine in his hand! What a hoot. Gary

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  6. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Mr Tardell is doing it right.
    It's obvious hes just getting rid of the chaff first. Wants to get things down to a manageable level.
    People are getting a chance to buy it first...then its gone.

Hell of a lot better than what happens to hoarder collections when the kids get it!
    NOBODY gets a chance but the scrapper!!!

Something like a 34 grille would be the regular "one on one" negotiation process.
    You won't see that kinda stuff in the scrapper pile. :D

7. millersgarage

millersgarage

8. Well, I was going to say its terrific to see that his stash will be going to good homes, but
    unless he gets a lot more traffic over the next 2-3 weekends, there will be still be too many tons of early Ford Gold going to the scrappers! With Vern's very reasonable (wholesale) prices, one would think the Early V-8 dealers up and down the west coast would be there in a New York minute buying up lots by the truck load. (Isn't there one right there in his area-
    San Dimas?)

In this day and age, it would be a real shame to see ANY significant amount of this vintage stuff being destroyed.

9. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Wow i would like to buy it all but momma says the oilwell is sick ! betit will be gone quick !

10. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Everyone's worried about it all going to scrap, but seriously, look at those pics, what parts from those piles would you actually use on your hot rod? Everything Vern is trying to get rid of is "take off" parts, stuff nobody wanted, Every shop has a pile like that. If it was all "great stuff" it would've been gone in the first hour.

Maybe you could use the juice backing plates, but even then, they have all been stripped bare.

11. evintho

evintho

There's always one hater.

12. 117harv

117harv

I would be all over every axle, wishbone, banjo, backing plate, spring, any and all chassis parts are what I lust after...great pics everyone.

13. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

There is still LOTS of good parts there . No , there is not a row of 32 axles/wishbones or a pile of 32 engine mounts at the bottom of a barrel. Vern is not an idiot , he has been selling off stuff for a while now in preparation for changing up his life a little and doing some traveling with his wife and just enjoying . I would say there is literally tons of parts there to build what I would consider to be traditional Hot Rods. Not main stream traditional , but old school low budget cars built out of parts that are not the supposed "highly desired" 32 stuff . Use a 36 frt axle , a 46 rear , a 36 trans etc etc . Still a very cool old Hot Rod in the end and affordable. Also , the more you dig the more you find . Vern was seeing stuff he didn't know he had . There will be a lot of stuff that goes to scrap that will be lost and that is a shame but there is also stuff that wont be missed . I am going to go out there a few more times as weather permits since I live 10 minutes away . It is a fun place to go root around and see what comes up .

14. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Not a hater, just being realistic about what's for sale.

15. ravedodger

ravedodger

I can't wait for next Saturday. Santa Rosa here I come!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. randy

randy

Most shops around here are lucky to have a loft to store parts. Vern has an acre at least and the word "pile" does not begin to describe it. Lots of Model A parts, sure, but lots of very desirable, useable parts mixed in with it all.

Not everyone is looking to build a 30's roadster/coupe. There are TONS of car & truck panels from bigger bodied Fords. I saw a workable set of '37 car front fenders, many NICE sets of front & rear '40 & '46 fenders, '36 truck grille shells and hoods and deck lids galore.

None of the sheet metal I saw was too far gone to save.

Bottom line: If you are within driving distance & have an interest in old Ford parts, come to Santa Rosa. You may leave with nothing but stories and photos, but it would still be worth the trip...

17. That is painful to watch cause I live so damn far away .

18. I would be happy to get a bunch of the old stock stuff for my A-V8. Im someone who want it.
    By the way I bought his book yesterday

19. Where are all the power racks for the MII's......?

20. Spooky Two

Spooky Two
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

my sentiments exactly bluemerc!

anybody able to grab/purchase a complete '39-'40 rearend? and then want to pallet and ship to Oroville Washington;)

anybody... anybody... Santa?

21. sota

sota

22. sota

sota

This roadster had to been gone in less time then it took me to type this

23. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You can lead a horse to water...

In any case, see this truck:

[​IMG]

I built the motor in it! Hell, I think it might even still run!

24. verde742

verde742

the GOOD STUFF is always on the bottom...

25. Ok kids
    some one close pony up buy it all for scrap $ or just above and get it inside a warehouse somewhere way way from where the west coast will fall off at the next earthquake ...

Paging mr. Leno what elase do you have to do now?

26. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

If any of ya'll see a drivers side REAR fender for a '38 Ford Coupe snatch it up! I will pay handsomely for it!!!

27. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

It's the stuff dreams are made of...

28. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Man, I would love to be closer and have a bunch of spare cash just burning a hole in my pocket.

Thanks to all who are posting pics.

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Spares hell, I'd just like to be able to pick up all the michanical pieces I need for my Model A and I saw most of them in the photos.