Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 51 Chevy P/U Daily Driver Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chevy54, Mar 15, 2011.

1. oldman2

oldman2

Eric, what's been happening, bring us up to date on how much you've driven, etc....Jim

2. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Hahah, Thanx bro! There all good tho shiney or dull....I just have the "i cant leave shit alone" issue!! :D:confused:

Hey Jim, Yeah after having all sorts of fun time off to build my truck I have been super busy w work and have not spent much time on here so trying to catch up with everything. However I have been driving the truck everyday around town and venturing out a bit while working out the little issues. Gettin better everyday buddy! Ill get a video loaded up soon of it running! Thanx for asking

3. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

What part of Fl are you moving to. I got a 54 we could swap parts and such.

4. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Heres some moving footage of my buddies driving it to Mooneyes Xmas Party yesterday...

Click image
    [​IMG]

5. oldman2

oldman2

That was cool, looks like you were clipping right along.....Jim

6. snailhouse_projects

snailhouse_projects

wow! is all i have to say. i stumbled across this forum last night and i got sucked in to this thread and stayed up late last night reading and reading and reading! just finished up right now.....i have decided to pull the trigger and blow mine apart and start working all the shit out that drives me nuts! your attention to detail is amazing! im going to start a thread for mine and i hope you don't mind but i may be dropping you a boat load of pms.....

Barnabie

7. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

Nice well done job! Color game out great also. AD - Another to the road.

8. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Thanx man...glad it kept you hooked! Check out the AD Truckers social group too!

Thanx and agreed!:cool:

9. Silverado85

Silverado85

Cool Truck. Nice clean build. Love your work so far and the Grill treatment is awesome and looks great.

10. shadams

shadams

Thought I would bump this to the top....anyone looking for a good read, start to finish backyard build in roughly a year that came out bad ass better start at page 1...

11. oldman2

oldman2

Hey, whats been going on, any new pics, how's it running, etc...Jim

12. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Man that's a beautiful truck~! You're doing an awesome job on her!

13. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Hey man, thanks for the good words! I was on your thread a few months ago to get caught up on your progress and its looking good! You def had your hands a lot more full then I did with all those unwanted surprises! Ill search it out now to see how your progress.

Hey Jim, the trucks been going good and its driven all the time still. Its still outside everyday too which is kind of a bummer, but, the wife n I just bought a nice half acre here in Orange so after I do the complete remodel and landscape my 1400 sqft car shop goes up... then the next project (already purchased) gets started!!!! I will load up a couple recent pics of the truck. Some good news about it is my buddy Chuck Vranas from Rod/Custom n Street Rodder called me yesterday about a feature on the ol' girl.. we will see!

Thank you, it was a lot of work in a short time... but I wanted it done and the only way that was going to happen was to fully focus!

14. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Here's some recent photos over the last year or so..

[​IMG]

Picking up some tools from one of my jobs on a Sunday when I couldnt get my work truck into a gated community, they let the 51 in tho!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  15. not that one guy

not that one guy
    from So NV

That rear bumper looks great on that truck
    Kind of gives it a west coast 70's feel
    Did you modify an of farm truck bumper?
    Or custom?

I looked back in the thread and may of missed the details on it.

Great job on your build

16. Nice truck!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. oldman2

oldman2

Truck still looking good, glad everything is going good...Jim

18. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Thanks a lot man, the bumper was actually on the truck when I got it from TX. I just cleaned it up and put the paint to it. I almost bought a new original style bumper but then realized I needed brackets and all so the cheap side said just run it as is!

Thanks to Jim n Roadfarmer as well, much appreciated guys!

19. Nice build, excellent truck. Found the thread and read thru last couple days.

20. dwaynerz

dwaynerz

Just seeing this build today for the first time. Excellent work and motivation. Love the color.

21. A great build. You might just of persuaded me to paint my burb the same colour as my truck now as yours is looking on ther money

22. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Thanks, I've gotten many compliment over the last few years. I actually used a paint swatch from the 51 Burb that my friend built years back. Mid 30s ford colors are great!